Central Bank restrictions on unqualified investors. - page 8

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Once again, knowledge is different, and it is one thing, as you say, "the rules of the game", and another thing, the essence of money flows, which is independent of legislation, and quite fundamental.

I agree, knowledge varies. So different that some is not knowledge at all, but a set of rules.

"Theother is the nature of cash flows, which do not depend on legislation. That's what many Russian investors in London thought. And then it turns out that it does depend. No, the "essence" doesn't depend. But the money itself is very dependent :)

Nilog:

It depends on what the questions are. If someone asks me what the difference is between a market order and a limit order, I will answer, because if I didn't know, I couldn't trade. It's like asking a person what the difference is between your nose and your knee. That said, with the right question (and answer) you can cut anyone off.

I'm afraid the questions will be different. Well, we shall see.

The questions won't be about limit and market bids, of course. This is just as an example. There will be no questions about trading strategies. But it will be about bonds. It is useful to know if it is profitable to buy a security if its price is higher than its face value. It is a topical problem. Yield to maturity may be lower or even negative. In such a case you will either receive less than you expected or you will be at a loss.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

But people also need to be brainwashed into thinking that we are investing money for years in the bright future of our homeland, that the risks are dangerous.

Tesla is not our homeland.

Vitalii Ananev:

Find out if it is profitable to buy a bond if its price is above par.

Forgive me, but if anyone knew if it was profitable to buy a bond at ANY current price, everyone would be a billionaire.

That's the thing, having any kind of "knowledge" doesn't guarantee anything in the market.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I disagree - losing money can lead to tragedy for the person and those around them, including their family. Suicides are not uncommon.

It is understandable that there have been many cases where bankruptcy has led to suicide. But this is the consequence of instability of psyche of the person who lost the money. From the legal point of view, causing harm to health or taking life is considered as more serious crime than just stealing money. That is why if a car is driven by an inadequate person who has no right to drive it, when such an event takes place, the punishment for that person will be much heavier than for a swindler who swindled you out of ten thousand rubles. For this reason, you have to obtain a certificate of mental health and drug treatment to drive a car and take a driving test. They do not need to take any exams to trade on the stock market for their own money and nobody can make you do that.

Nilog:

Forgive me, but if anyone knew whether it was profitable to buy a bond at ANY current price, everyone would be a billionaire.

That's the thing, having any kind of "knowledge" doesn't guarantee anything in the market.

If you are talking about secure bonds, you can calculate your future income with a calculator. You know the coupon amount, the redemption price and the purchase price. Except that if you don't know how to calculate it, your purchase will turn into a game of luck.

In general, everyone has his own opinion. I'm no longer interested in arguments about whether knowledge is necessary or not.

Vitalii Ananev:

When it comes to secure bonds, you can easily calculate your future income with a calculator. The coupon amount is known, the redemption price is known, so is the purchase price. But if you don't know how to calculate it, your purchase will be a matter of playing lucky or unlucky.

In general, everyone has his own opinion. I'm not interested in arguments about whether knowledge is necessary or not.

It's not about an argument. If we are talking about trivial things, such as - how opening a position differs from closing it, then fuck it. Let it be an exam. My fear is that these questions will be stuffed with general economic nonsense given that Tesla's capitalisation is already monstrously high compared to what it produces. It's just profanity. What is there to "teach" here?

And your funds aren't guaranteed for shit on any bonds, with or without a calculator. You could end up with no money, chasing that extra interest above a bank deposit. It's a war without rules now.

What "learning"? To what? Winning on the stock market?

You couldn't have said it better - it needs to be framed and sent to where they make these kinds of "laws"

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Central Bank restrictions on unqualified investors.

Nilog, 2020.07.28 10:34

I do not go to the exchange market for knowledge, but for money. Knowledge is an understanding of objective laws of motion of matter (Newton's laws) or abstractions of existence (the area of a circle).

The rest are rules invented by people. Which tend to change. At the beginning of the 20th century, there was "Knowledge" that you can't just go ahead and print a truculus. Now they print it. Why would I want "knowledge" that merely reflects the views of some worst motivated morons? You tell me else that accounting or luggage rules are knowledge.

Sorry for the scathing post.

Nilog:

It's not about the argument. If it's about trivial things like how opening a position differs from closing it, then fuck it. Let it be an exam. My fear is that these questions will be filled with general economic nonsense given that Tesla's capitalisation is already monstrously high compared to what it produces. This is simply profanity. What is there to "teach" here?

And your funds aren't guaranteed for shit on any bonds, with or without a calculator. You could end up with no money, chasing that extra interest above a bank deposit. It's a war without rules now.

What "learning"? To what? Winning on the stock market?

I do not agree with you. I, for example, as a long-term investor, use fundamental analysis. And I could hardly conduct this analysis without knowing how to do it. If you have short term goals, then technical analysis will be enough for you.

Whether they are guaranteed or not is a question of trust in the issuer that issued the shares or bonds. If you think in this way, you had better not to go to the market. You are a speculator, and you are mainly interested in income from the price difference. I am focused on long-term portfolio investments and profits in the form of dividends and increasing the price of the portfolio on the whole.

Above I gave a link to VTB Investor School, and there you will find a link to two tests, one on bonds and one on stocks. Take a look, I think all the testing will be about the same as these tests.

If you think in this way, it is better not to enter the market at all.

Without an exam. And if you pass, you can go.

Isn't it funny to you? Economies have just fallen and U.S. indices are rising. What are you going to teach, and to whom? It's obvious bullshit. How to make money on U.S. stocks during the coronavirus... I'm speechless. Are you telling me that whoever buys this stuff fails the skills test?

Reason: