Points VS Pips - page 21

Vladimir Baskakov:
For the sake of interest, look up any signal here, the statistics section, look for items. When you find it, let me know.

Is it the other way round again?

Artyom Trishkin:

I see it in money, in percentages, but I don't see it in pips. Yes, I see the slippage - in pips.

Oh, I saw it:

What can I say - it's probably points. Not tenths of a point, but points. But the name pips is an abbreviation, not pips made up, and these pips are equal to Points - they do not need to be additionally divided/multiplied depending on the digit capacity of quotations on different traded instruments.

Artyom Trishkin:

Oh, I saw that:

What can I say - it's probably points. Not tenths of a point, but points. But the name pips is an abbreviation, not pips made up, and these pips are equal to Points - they do not need to be additionally divided/multiplied depending on the digits of quotations on different traded instruments.

You need to divide by 10 to get to normal pips

Artyom Trishkin:

Oh, I saw that:

It is more likely that they are pips. Not tenths of points, but pips. But the name "pips" is an abbreviation, not a made-up pips, and these pips are equal to Points - they do not need to be additionally divided/multiplied, depending on the digit capacity of quotes for different traded instruments.

By the way, yes. If that's an argument for them - you should find account statistics with four-digit quotes and with five-digit quotes. The four-digit one will also have the word "pips" in its report. So pips and pips are synonymous in reports here.

Vladimir Baskakov:
We have to divide it by 10 to get to the normal points

and that's it, come on Dasha, show them around

Dmitry Fedoseev:

By the way, yes. If that's an argument for them - we need to find account statistics with four-digit quotes and with five-digit quotes.

Well no, I can't do it anymore - 24 hours a day telling them where to try the glasses on. People talk about one thing and they talk about theirs. It is impossible to persuade "the unintelligent not to browbeat".

It's a great shuffle... :-) Let's have a poll, shall we?

I was just asking myself - what's a pip to you, what's a point? Everything is clear with a point, but not with a pip. I know that it's a tenth of a pip, but if such situation occurred during discussion of margin trading I would ask something like - "well, yes...". - you're talking about pips - in your mind it's a tenth of a point... am I understanding this correctly?

Anyway... There is no common understanding...

Although, of course - they are EQUAL values, but it would be better if a pip was in the sense of a tenth of a point... :-)

Indeed, 10 points and 10 pips are equal.

PS Artem - I'm on your side! :-)

Dmitry Fedoseev:

... On a four-digit report, there will also be the word "pips". So here in the reports pips and pips are synonymous.

It would be interesting, but then again - I can't look for anything anymore. I'm going to bed - two hours of sleep at night is not good for my health :(

Found one signal with four-digit quotes and the word "pips" in the report too

Roman Shiredchenko:

It's a nice shuffle... :-) Let's have a poll, shall we?

I was just asking myself - what's a pip to you, what's a point? Everything is clear with a point, but not with a pip. I know it's a tenth of a pip, but if such situation occurred during discussion of margin trading I would ask something like - "well, yes...". - you're talking about pips - in your mind it's a tenth of a point... am I understanding this correctly?

Anyway... There is no common understanding...

Although, of course - they are EQUAL values, but it would be better if a pip was in the sense of a tenth of a point... :-)

Indeed, 10 points and 10 pips are equal.

PS Artem - I'm on your side! :-)

I wouldn't want one piece of wood to equal ten pieces of wood. It's in a cathouse...

Reason: