Points VS Pips - page 7

Vladimir Pastushak:

15 years ago brokers only had 4-digit accounts and only after 2008 many started to offer 5-digit accounts under the pretext of convenience.

Since then the term to distinguish standard pips from non-standard pips has started to appear.

But unfortunately many trading and programming gurus call things by different names and thus teach others complete nonsense...

Read resources that are more than 10 - 15 years old and you'll understand everything, but it's not easy to admit your own mistakes....

The meaning of the word "minimal" hasn't changed from this.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

This does not change the meaning of the word "minimum".

Did I understand correctly that 20 pips on a 4-digit account is equal to 20 pips on a 5-digit account?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Did I get it right that 20 pips on a 4-digit account equals 20 pips on a 5-digit account?

For him, yes, I gave you an example and still nothing?

Taras Slobodyanik:

Yep, almost all of those who wrote off do not distinguish between the percentage point and the minimum point in the terminal (e.g. the moderators of the forum and the developers with ratings over 100K).

And these are forum moderators and developers who have rating more than 100K.

• there are "percentage points" - pips - percentage in point - brokers' terms are specified in these points
  • there is "minimal possible price change" - points - advisors work with these points

In MT4 and MT5 there are only pips as a minimum possible price change and there are no percentage points at all.

https://www1.oanda.com/forex-trading/learn/getting-started/pips

PRICE INTEREST POINT (PIP)

another point of view and translation of the term))
What is a Pip in Trading | Price Interest Point | Measure Trade Value Change | OANDA
  • www1.oanda.com
Number of GBP per pip: 350,000 × 0.0001 = 35 Per Pip Value: 35 ÷ 0.8714 = 40.17 EUR per pip Trade Profit / (Loss): 29 pips × 40.17 = 1, 164.93 Euros

Vladimir Baskakov:
For him, yes, I've already given you an example and still - Nothing?

You don't even seem to understand what the conversation is about and will argue about anything and everything as long as you contradict, even yourself, as you are doing now.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Did I get it right that 20 pips on a 4-digit account equals 20 pips on a 5-digit one?

And now you are also contradicting yourself, or do not understand what I am writing here.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Did I get it right that 20 pips on a 4-digit account equals 20 pips on a 5-digit account?

Did I get it right? Are "point" and "profit" the same thing to you? Like green and wet ? ))))))))

Points (according to the terminal)

poins

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You don't even seem to understand what the conversation is about and will argue about anything and everything as long as you contradict, even yourself, as you are doing now.

What's the contradiction? Point four, pips five. It's a piece of cake.

Vladimir Baskakov:
What is the contradiction? Point is the fourth digit, pips is the fifth. It's a piece of cake.

A point is the last digit of a quotation.

When they make eight decimal places, it will be the eighth decimal place. There will be no other way. There will be no mini, micro, etc. pips.

Reason: