Points VS Pips - page 4

I suspect that the addition of the fifth digit can be attributed to the emergence of cent accounts, and is aimed at attracting a wider mass of private traders with smaller deposits. Why, I think, is clear :)

Aleksei Stepanenko:
I suspect that the addition of the fifth digit can be associated with the emergence of cent accounts, and is aimed at attracting more private traders with smaller deposits. Why, I think, is clear :)

adding a fifth (and sixth) digit is adding accuracy to a quotation

Pips - Percentage point is one hundredth of a percent - for a cent this is the fourth digit

By the way, in the Signals stats are points or pips?

Aleksei Stepanenko:
I suspect that the addition of the fifth digit can be associated with the emergence of cent accounts, and is aimed at attracting more private traders with smaller deposits. Why, I think, is clear :)

It's not clear. On cents, the real cent is interpreted as a dollar, that's all, the 4-5-digit value has nothing to do with it.

Vladimir Baskakov:
By the way, in Signals in the stats pips or pips
I looked it up, pips! They said there were no pips.

Taras Slobodyanik:

adding a fifth (and sixth) digit is adding accuracy to the quotation

Yes of course, this is an invitation to everyone to a smaller timeframe, where almost one noise and wide spread reigns. Welcome friends, we have been waiting for you :)

Alexey Volchanskiy:

It's not clear. On cents, the real cent is interpreted as a dollar, that's all, the 4-5-digit value has nothing to do with it.

Nah, I didn't say they were related, they're the same thing. I misspoke before.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There are two specific concepts:

1. The minimum unit of measure for the value of a course is a point.

2. The minimum unit of rate change is a tick. There are symbols where the price changes by 5 points at a time.

Yes, of course. I was talking about 1.
Then I decided that it is better not to tell about the tick to those who have their own ideas - I do not speak the language, so that they understand.

Vladimir Baskakov:
By the way, in the Signals stats are points or pips?
Pips

Artyom Trishkin:
Yes, of course. I was talking about 1.
Then I decided it was better not to tell those who had their own ideas about tics - I don't speak the language so they'd understand.

Artem, when I write articles for magazines, I clearly stipulate what a point is, because I am not a Forex nerd either. In programming, everything must be unambiguous.

Reason: