How often do you get good ideas in freelancing? - page 7

Vitaliy Kashcheev:

If you think like a customer, yes) your favourite hobby is "programming", you quit it and sit and watch an automated trading system making deals. You may ask the developer 10 times where to put this "hobgoblin" into what folder in the terminal) Ahaha and then he won't need anyone, he opens the terminal himself, opens a window with a chart, pastes his "snot" ordered for 30-50 dollars and that's it, you keep the forex, then he thinks it's time to quit the job if the cheburaha makes 20% in a month, the customer is already in his imagination builds such a row: I leave my old woman, next I take a yacht, a bunch of women there, though maybe a bunch of men, who knows)))) ahahahaha, then booze and coke, next on this yacht will walk around the islands and of course this happiness should be posted on instagram. BUT)) it will not happen even by accident, and we again see after a couple of weeks of receiving another order "I need an adviser/buy a profitable system/we need to finish the old system". A freelancer/algotrader is someone who likes programming.

This text describes you as a misunderstanding among intelligent programmers.

If the customer is experienced and knows what he needs, the ToR are always "up to the mark", all improvements will be only in those moments in which he did not specify himself, and it will not be a question of "I wrote and you did not understand it", but it will be - I pay you to write code to the ToR, not to think with you whether it will work

)))

Well, in addition, for some reason it is believed that the customer always checks the finished EA for Euro, it is not true, and what he is going to trade on, a programmer with professional ethics and will not ask.... of course, there is a legend about some TS that works on all trading tools.... but this is a legend, a philosopher's stone, which must exist

Igor Makanu:

not to speculate with you whether it will work

I refrained from being so self-righteous. It never hurts to get advice from a master, especially in such an obscure matter. Although, of course, everyone's character is different :)

Vladimir Kononenko:

This text characterizes you as a misunderstanding among intelligent programmers.

I completely agree with you) out of a couple of hundred customers only 2 customers asked my opinion about the order, most customers are not interested in what the financial result will be, they know what to do without any freelancer, order-optimized and go to war)

Freelance should be used as a last resort. There are variants of almost all TS for free in kodobase. The only thing you need to know is how to add the handle of the required indicator and make some small corrections in the Search signal block. That's all. You can test hundreds of TS without any problems or costs

Igor Makanu:

If the customer is experienced and knows what he needs, the ToR are always "up to the mark", all improvements will be only in those moments in which he did not specify himself, and it will not be a question of "I wrote and you did not understand it", but it will be - I pay you to write code to the ToR, not to think with you whether it will work

)))

Well, in addition, for some reason it is believed that the customer always checks the finished EA for Euro, it is not true, and what he is going to trade on, a programmer with professional ethics and will not ask.... of course, there is a legend about some TS that works on all trading tools.... but this is a legend, a philosopher's stone, which must exist

So it's not about figuring out how to make something profitable for the customer. The customer does what he pays for. And you can try to tweak things for yourself...

Although, again, it looks more and more like you need to move from trade to freelancing... Well, that is, it kind of makes no sense to think about the potential profitability of customers' ideas (this is from the words of those present such a conclusion is inevitable) ...

Yevhenii Levchenko:

Again, though, it's looking more and more like you need to flow from commerce to freelancing... I mean, there's sort of no point in thinking about the potential profitability of customer ideas

Why not mix business with pleasure? I honestly envy those who can program at such a level that is able to freelance for a living. At the same time, the task of creating a stable and profitable (or rather, stably profitable) trading system, as I see it, is much more interesting and cooler. Another thing is that you should not be guided by the customers' ideas, you need to develop your own ideas. But it cannot be ruled out that something curious may flicker in amongst the ordered ones as well.

BlackTomcat:

Why not mix business with pleasure? I sincerely envy those who can program at such a level that they can earn their living as freelancers. At the same time, the task of creating a stable and profitable (or rather, stably profitable) trading system, as I see it, is much more interesting and cooler. Another thing is that you should not be guided by the customers' ideas, you need to develop your own ideas. But it cannot be ruled out that something curious may flicker in amongst the ordered ones as well.

I haven't met any stable and profitable robots in signals. Only people...

But there are higher expectations with robots than with people? I mean, you want both stability and a lot...

Yevhenii Levchenko:

I haven't met any stable and profitable robots in signals. Only people...

But are there more expectations with robots than with people? I mean, you want to be stable and have a lot...

Life has taught me to be satisfied with very little, but stable. :) I think this approach will give better results over long run rather than fast but big ones.

The problem with robots exposed to signals is that they cannot recognise and adapt to changing conditions. As a result, sooner or later they start to flop.

BlackTomcat:

Life has taught me to be content with little, but stable. :) Over the long haul, this approach will give better results than going fast but a lot.

The problem with robots exposed to signals is that they cannot recognise and adapt to changing conditions. As a result, sooner or later they start to fail.

This is not a problem with the robot, it is a problem with your TKs prescribed in the robot. What you prescribe is what you get.

Reason: