The problem of transferring from MT4 to MT5. Or, more precisely, the inability to execute some algorithms in MT5 without'err. - page 8

I agree with Eugene that the Ryaterka is not ready for serious tasks. For small crafts, yes, but no more.

Artyom Trishkin:

You can write a lot about how badly things are done

I think that's exactly what the developers are talking about
Artyom Trishkin:

I don't know what to say, but if you want to use what you have, you better give out what is in the cache and then rebuild it after unlocking timeseries access.

I don't even know how to explain what I and other MQL5 users see...

- here's the order - execution on server side - it takes time, it's logical, it's understandable why it needs additional checks, etc.

- Here's the first launch of MQL-program - it requires synchronization of a chart - it's logical, the help - an example of history loading, here's an example of indicator, here's prev_calculated==0... everything is logical and understandable from the user side

- Here's a synchronized chart. I want to get OHLC value at any time of MQL-program execution, but there's a logical hitch! - i can see the chart, right? - I know that there is a connection to the server, right? - i know that i have synchronised everything? - .... where's the logic, logic at the user level!

ZS: I understand how it "twists", but it's complicated, if I write in the code y=cos(x) - I get a guaranteed result? And if I write c = iClose(NULL,0,1) ....there and logic begins to fail, I need a single line of data obtained, and I start to fend off anything and everything. And it's not about some "Jedi mindset" or "10-Level invincibility")))

Igor Makanu:
I think it's just about what the developers didn't do.

I don't even know how to explain what I and other MQL5 users see...

- this is an order - server side execution - it takes time, it's logical, it's understandable why it requires additional checks, etc.

- Here's the first launch of MQL-program - it requires synchronization of a chart - it's logical, the help - an example of history loading, here's an example of indicator, here's prev_calculated==0... everything is logical and understandable from the user side

- Here's a synchronized chart. I want to get OHLC value at any time of MQL-program execution, but there's a logical hitch! - i can see the chart, right? - I know that there is a connection to the server, right? - i know that i have synchronised everything? - .... where's the logic, logic at the user level!

ZS: I understand how it "twists", but it's complicated, if I write in the code y=cos(x) - I get a guaranteed result? And if I write c = iClose(NULL,0,1) ....there and logic begins to fail, I need a single line of data obtained, and I start to fend off anything and everything. And it's absolutely not in some "Jedi mindset" or "invincibility 10 lv" ))))

Damn, I like to talk about one thing and get answers about another...

I come into a body shop and I say:

- I've got a thing rattling under the bonnet - let's screw it on.

And they tell me:
- the designer made the back wheels to turn, and the heated mirrors may or may not work - if the ultrasonic cleaner's broken...
And under the bonnet they've got a weird idea there of course - a hydraulic fan - the more oil pressure, the faster it spins. And you - dextron is leaking through the rail - it needs to be repaired

I said:
- let's screw the shit on, and I'll go to a place that knows how to fix it, and you just screw it on so it doesn't rattle...

And I get this:
- It doesn't make any sense, does it? What for is a hydraulic fan if it depends on oil pressure, but it may rattle in a fan - some piece of flange fell off and bang on blades there, but it's not clear - why should the fan be controlled hydraulically, if oil may flow...

I'm screaming:
- screw it on, s...b...n...a...a...a...and I'll go...

====

There's something similar here...

Artyom Trishkin:

Damn, I like to talk about one thing and get answers about another...

I go to the body shop and I say:

- I've got this thing under the bonnet - let's screw it on.

And they tell me:
- the designer made the back wheels to turn as well, and the heated mirrors may or may not work - if the ultrasonic cleaner's broken...
And under the bonnet they've got a weird idea there of course - a hydraulic fan - the more oil pressure, the faster it spins. And you've got dextron leaking through the rail - it needs to be repaired

I said:
- let's screw the shit on, and I'll go to a place that knows how to fix it, and you just screw it on so it doesn't rattle...

And I get this:
- It doesn't make any sense, does it? What for is a hydraulic fan, if it depends on oil pressure, but it may rattle in a fan - some piece of flange fell off and bang on blades there, but it's not clear - why should the fan be controlled hydraulically, if oil may flow...

I'm screaming:
- screw it on, s...b...n...w...ah...ah...and I'll go...

====

There's something similar here...

Well, finally we have found common ground on this problem, all I can add in response is "a view from my own bell tower":

- I want to calculate bank interest, I set up Excel, I get the result.

- I want to parse a website, I found a framework for C# - and I get the result.

- I want to use NS, I install Python and ready-made packages - I get the result

- I want a trading terminal that has historical data, that can send trade orders to the server - I get 101 Jedi mind trick, using which I can get historical data and in addition I get a series of articles on graphical interfaces and asynchronous Web broadcasts

i think i have the same story? ;)

PS: I made a little lie, I'm getting an excellent strategy tester, in which everything works and I can safely deal with the analysis of TS - for me, in principle, it's enough ... I've got a picture from the net with Mickey Mouse and an obscene caption

Igor Makanu:

Well, finally we have found common ground on this problem, all I can add in response is "a view from my own backyard":

- I want to calculate bank interest, I set up Excel - I get the result

- I want to parse a website, I found a framework for C# - and I get the result.

- I want to use NS, I install Python and ready-made packages - I get the result

- I want a trading terminal that has historical data, that can send trade orders to the server - I get 101 Jedi mind tricks, with which I can get historical data and in addition I get a series of articles on graphical interfaces and asynchronous Web broadcasts

i think i have the same story? ;)

PS: I made a little lie, I'm getting an excellent strategy tester, in which everything works and I can safely deal with the analysis of TS - for me, in principle, it's enough ... Here is a picture of Mickey Mouse from the Internet with an obscene caption

So... ...I screwed the thing on myself so I could drive without rattling, so I went to fix the rack. And I don't care that the fan is hydraulic, but in other cars it's electric and doesn't depend on oil pressure, which can leak, and that my one mirror's ultrasonic cleaner doesn't beep, and the rear wheels do turn... I didn't listen to the nonsense, I just did it and drove. I didn't just stand there... I did it, Karl... And drove. And the other one would have stood there and listened to how illogical everything was.

Not listening, but doing.

Doing and doing.

And someone else is still out there, listening about the fan and the illogic of the Japanese.

You get the point, don't you? :)

Artyom Trishkin:

You get the point, don't you? :)

I do... there's nothing to talk about universal well-being, for in this world, everyone survives as best they can.

Igor Makanu:

understandable... There is nothing to talk about universal well-being, for in this world everyone survives as best they can...

Well +/-

Artyom Trishkin:

I hope the point is clear? :)

The point is clear.

In Russia, people are admired for their kulibits.

But for some reason, many people like foreign products better. More reliable... For example, Toyota's doors close with a pleasant sound. By the way, to create that pleasant sound, a small group at the enterprise, which produces these cars, was only looking for an opportunity of creation of this pleasant sound. In the beer companies, again abroad, special groups of people are engaged in creating such a foam of foamy drink that can cause a pleasant feeling to beer consumers ... And so on.

Well, Russia is notorious for its kulibinami...

Do you get the point?

Eugeni Neumoin:

The point is clear.

In Russia, people are admired for their kulibits.

But for some reason, many people like foreign products better. More reliable... For example, Toyota's doors close with a pleasant sound. By the way, to create that pleasant sound, a small group at the enterprise, which produces these cars, was only looking for an opportunity of creation of this pleasant sound. In the beer companies, again abroad, special groups of people are engaged in creating such a foam of foamy drink that can cause a pleasant feeling to beer consumers ... And so on.

Well, Russia is notorious for its kulibinami...

Is the meaning clear?

Yes: it is bad to be a hobbyist, so you should only do what is "easy going" and interesting for you ;)

ZS. Aren't there whole departments of these particular "craftsmen" poring over beer foam and the sound of doors closing?

Igor Makanu:

everything is correct! but you need to stop calculations of MQL-program at any place and exit to terminal until the next tick...I periodically suggest something like in Delphi "Abort() or Halt()" - got one error on access to timeseries - it is a critical error, which makes no sense to handle many times - anyway, until the terminal will not adjust interaction with MQL-program "it will do nothing" )))

Yes, with exceptions the code is much easier and cleaner, the constant checking for errors turns it into a mess. But there are a lot of problems in MQL without exceptions. The developers did not pull the crosses.

Reason: