Download MetaTrader 5

Wrong font size in controls

To add comments, please log in or register
Daniel Cherry
Daniel Cherry 2015.03.07 08:36 

Hi,

A customer has reported that the fonts in this purchased product are the wrong size. I have no idea how this has occurred. I do not set the font size explicitly the code, I just let it use the defaults.

Are there any suggestions what may be causing this.

I have attached 2 pictures. Normal.jpg is what it should be and incorrect.jpg is my clients version.

Kind regards

Dan. 

Files:
Normal.JPG 30 kb
incorrect.JPG 55 kb
Vladimir Karputov
Vladimir Karputov 2015.03.07 10:06  
mytradertools :

Hi,

A customer has reported that the fonts in this purchased product are the wrong size. I have no idea how this has occurred. I do not set the font size explicitly the code, I just let it use the defaults.

Are there any suggestions what may be causing this.

I have attached 2 pictures. Normal.jpg is what it should be and incorrect.jpg is my clients version.

Kind regards

Dan. 

Your client uses a scale greater than 100%. MQL5 can not determine the scale, which is used by the system (without calling WinAPI).
Daniel Cherry
Daniel Cherry 2015.03.07 15:44  
barabashkakvn:
Your client uses a scale greater than 100%. MQL5 can not determine the scale, which is used by the system (without calling WinAPI).

Hi -thanks for the reply. Do you know which window setting he could be using to replicate this?

Kind regards Dan.

Vladimir Karputov
Vladimir Karputov 2015.03.07 16:00  
mytradertools :

Hi -thanks for the reply. Do you know which window setting he could be using to replicate this?

Kind regards Dan. 

These settings must be in the "Screen".
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2015.03.07 18:51  
barabashkakvn:
While you don't have a function in mql5 to determine the Windows settings, it's perfectly doable to get it using TextGetSize and TextSetFont.
Documentation on MQL5: Object Functions / TextGetSize
Documentation on MQL5: Object Functions / TextGetSize
  • www.mql5.com
Object Functions / TextGetSize - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Vladimir Karputov
Vladimir Karputov 2015.03.07 18:56  
angevoyageur :
While you don't have a function in mql5 to determine the Windows settings, it's perfectly doable to get it using TextGetSize and TextSetFont.
Interesting option.
Daniel Cherry
Daniel Cherry 2015.03.08 20:19  
barabashkakvn:
Interesting option.

Thanks for your feedback - Ill try this out. Regards Dan. 

To add comments, please log in or register