Customer Complaining That Indicator Downloaded as EA and Does Not Load

Hi there. I have just published an indicator in the market, for MT4.

I compiled the file here myself and tested before uploading, it is working perfectly.

I noticed that a customer rented the indicator, but it does not wanna work and sent me this message:

"Hello. I just rented Forex master pattern indicator but when downloaded it to metatrader 4 it appears as an expert advisor and when attaching it to chart journal gives a message 2022.05.02 23:11:26.967 'Market\Forex Master Pattern MT4' is not expert and cannot be executed"

So he says that when he attaches to the chart, there is this error message saying that the indicator is an expert and cannot be executed, but this is impossible.

Here is a video I just recorded showing that this is the exact same file I have uploaded to the market, and you can see how it is working perfectly as an indicator.

Files:
TEST.zip  8007 kb

Alberto Gauer Borrego:

Hi there. I have just published an indicator in the market, for MT4.

I compiled the file here myself and tested before uploading, it is working perfectly.

I noticed that a customer rented the indicator, but it does not wanna work and sent me this message:

"Hello. I just rented Forex master pattern indicator but when downloaded it to metatrader 4 it appears as an expert advisor and when attaching it to chart journal gives a message 2022.05.02 23:11:26.967 'Market\Forex Master Pattern MT4' is not expert and cannot be executed"

So he says that when he attaches to the chart, there is this error message saying that the indicator is an expert and cannot be executed, but this is impossible.

Here is a video I just recorded showing that this is the exact same file I have uploaded to the market, and you can see how it is working perfectly as an indicator.

1) Test the indicator on another platform (laptop/desktop). 
2) Ask the customer what build is he/her using, that way you can streamline your search if there was an error with that build. 
3) Then check you are having OnCalculate() and not Ontick().

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:
1) Test the indicator on another platform (laptop/desktop). 
2) Ask the customer what build is he/her using, that way you can streamline your search if there was an error with that build. 
3) Then check you are having OnCalculate() and not Ontick().

Hi thanks for chiming in.

Service desk is on to it and are gonna help him solve the issue. The problem is definitely on his side.

Other people purchased the indicator too and no complaints.

By the way I am using OnCalculate

If I had to guess I think there is something to do with the fact that the customer rented the indicator instead of purchasing.

He was the only one so far who rented it, the rest of customers all purchased the indicator and there were no complaints.

It is the only thing I can think of...

I don´ t know how the MQL5 market system affects the indicator file when people purchase, download it and it gets assigned to their machine. Something happened in this process.

He even installed a fresh MT4 from another broker to test and he is getting the same error.

Alberto Gauer Borrego #: If I had to guess I think there is something to do with the fact that the customer rented the indicator instead of purchasing. He was the only one so far who rented it, the rest of customers all purchased the indicator and there were no complaints. It is the only thing I can think of... I don´ t know how the MQL5 market system affects the indicator file when people purchase, download it and it gets assigned to their machine. Something happened in this process. He even installed a fresh MT4 from another broker to test and he is getting the same error.

Have you perhaps asked the customer to simply move the file from the Experts to the corresponding Market subfolder under the Indicators?

Since it was already activated it should work, moving it ...

to: "<data folder>\MQL4\Indicators\Market"

Fernando Carreiro #:

Have you perhaps asked the customer to simply move the file from the Experts to the corresponding Market subfolder under the Indicators?

Since it was already activated it should work, moving it ...

to: "<data folder>\MQL4\Indicators\Market"

I will tell him to do that