I want to learn the programming language for the MT5 terminal. Where do I start as a beginner ? - page 4

Anastasia Vasilenko:

I want to learn a programming language for the MT5 terminal. where would a beginner start ?

Do you have any lessons or tutorials?

I want to know how much time you are ready to invest in this project and what your goals are. If you know pure C/C++, any mql will seem to be clear enough. MQL5 has a lot of free *(easy to Google) tutorials and courses. I don't recommend to study MQL5 using articles and references. They do not give any fundamental knowledge of programming, only some knowledge, that will do if you already know how to program (at least in Python).

If you want to know how to program, in particular stock trading robots in mql, start with the classics, in particular, the SI and the book Kernighan, Ritchie - Programming in C, then C++ and Stroustrup B. - Programming. Principles and practice using C++ (2nd edition)

Сергей Таболин:

What the hell was that all about? I don't know the 4.

Started right away with a 5. If I wanted to.
What did you study for?

Сергей Таболин:

What the hell was that all about? I don't know the 4.

Started right away with a 5. I wish I did.
but you don't know him very well.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/270818
Кто-то явно считать не умеет... :(
Кто-то явно считать не умеет... :(
  • www.mql5.com
Точнее не кто-то, а что-то... Считаю в калькуляторе: 54 / 100 * 54 + 54 = 83,16 Считаю в советнике: результат = 54. Мозг плавится. Что где не так...

Anastasia Vasilenko:
What did you study for?

On nothing. I just knew what I wanted to do, searched documentation (help) for what I needed and tried it.

But I must clarify, I have studied BASIC, assembler, c++, PHP (I studied it, by the way, creating a marketplace, from scratch, not having any idea about it, with a textbook)).

Nevertheless, do not be afraid, start and everything will work out. Take, for example, the code of any simple EA (I can give mine, early and simple, without OOP and other tricks), and figure out what's there and how. What you don't understand at all, ask on the forum. You will definitely find people who will help you and explain.

multiplicator:

I'm still learning )))

Also, there was more of an inattention to types...

Сергей Таболин:

On nothing. I just knew what I wanted to do, searched documentation (help) for what I needed and tried it.

But I must clarify, I have studied BASIC, assembler, C++, PHP (I studied it, by the way, creating a marketplace, from scratch, not having any idea about it, with a textbook)).

Nevertheless, do not be afraid, start and everything will work out. Take, for example, the code of any simple EA (I can give mine, early and simple, without OOP and other tricks), and figure out what's there and how. What you don't understand at all, ask on the forum. There will definitely be people who will help and explain.

Thank you very much for the answer

multiplicator:

You'll also find posts from two years ago.

Apparently it's time for Artem to go to the stash for a broom ... There's one free today.)

multiplicator:
Skip the advice on learning mt5. you won't learn it yourself.

Nowadays, with the availability of the library, it almost makes no difference.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You'll also find posts from two years ago.

Apparently it's time for Artem to go to the stash for a broom ... there's one free today)

What's a broom?

You were rightly advised to learn C++, because it is MQL, and there are much more materials on C++.

If you know C++, then study MQL from the help, parsing other people's EAs.

Reason: