OOP vs procedural programming - page 45

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Very funny, I'm retarded.
♪ what's "pontryaginous" ♪

I'm stupidly trying to make dough, because I don't get paid)))) and I don't jump in theories)))

Про беллмана и понтрягина: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D0%BF%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D1%83%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5
Well, when you start earning, you wonder how you can earn even more...

Optimal management applies to trading.

Renat Fatkhullin:

For the sake of glee - R is written in an absolutely disgusting "all in one garbage can with no differentiation of access" mode. An old-school approach from twenty years ago with no areas of visibility, protection or multisession. I write as if I were the only one. Yes, the project was born under one person by unprofessional developers. It must be rewritten from scratch. At least once.

I had an idea to make a normal interface in R from MQL5, but after digging deeper into it I immediately decided not to integrate it. The system is categorically unable to protect data and sessions.

Until a programmer works in normal development teams with strict requirements (banging his hands for a couple of years at least) he will not become a developer in a normal sense. We grab our heads 90% of the time when we look at test jobs when considering candidates. Total horror throughout the development industry.

So once again - the opponents of OOP are displaying some sort of buffoonery here.

Sorry again.

Rentat, how about Python then? As far as I understand it, it's a much more open platform in terms of integration. And most importantly promising in terms of scientific computing. This integration would give a big boost to MQL and stock data analysis industry.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Rentat, how about Python then? As far as I understand it, it's a much more open platform in terms of integration. And most importantly promising in terms of scientific computing. Such integration would give a big boost to MQL, as well as to the stock data analysis industry itself.

Vasily, yesterday I invited my Uzbek mother and daughter to my home. So? I have a three-room flat, I fed her with soup, showed her my computer, told her stories about Uzbeks)))) Everyone laughed)).

Ilnur Khasanov:
Про беллмана и понтрягина: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D0%BF%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D1%83%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5
Well, when you start earning money, you wonder how you can earn more...

Optimal management applies to trading.

that's where the rl comes from. basically... but you can also do the bellman, you just have to figure out what to attach it to.

you started trading for a living? i can help you think about it ))))

optimal control is not about continuous problems mostly, and non-stationarity is bad there.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Rentat, how about Python then? As far as I understand it, it's a much more open platform in terms of integration. And most importantly promising in terms of scientific computing. Such integration would give a big boost to MQL and to the stock data analysis industry itself.

Use slow Python, do some research and then transfer the results to a fast implementation in MQL5.

We've already done a lot to support mathematics in MQL5 and MetaTrader5: Statistical Distributions in MQL5 - take the best of R and make it faster

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

that's where the rl comes from. basically... but you can also do the bellman, you just have to figure out what to attach it to.

you started trading for a living? i can help you think about it ))))

optimal control is not about continuous problems, it's just mostly about non-stationarity.

Let's think about how to implement it. That's it, I'm writing my terms of reference...

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Rentat, how about Python then? As far as I understand it, it's a much more open platform in terms of integration. And most importantly promising in terms of scientific computing. This integration would give a big push forward for MQL as well as for the stock data analysis industry.

Why do you need integration? With existing tools you can already integrate anything into MQL - such as R, Python, databases and anything else you want. There are not so many of such tools in MQL compared to high-level languages, but they are enough for everything.

By the way Python or R are not that slow, and are mostly used as scripting languages, i.e. for linking words in a sentence. And Python or R's share of the total program execution time is very small and doesn't affect the execution time in any way. So there's no need to port anything to MQL. Unless, of course, you're going to trade it in the Market.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

So there is no need to transfer anything to MQL either. Unless, of course, you intend to trade it in the Market.

Oh...

The whole discussion reminds me of "My kung fu is better than your kung fu...". ".

Robots on 2 indicators with sect or martin are 98% of all EAs. My robots are no exception. My EA has only become useful when I decided to combine a dozen of them into a single one. However, at first I implemented all of them in a procedural form and only then I transformed them into OOP. By the way, many classes are still in use for years, and I've never even looked at them.

It's a perverse logic to write a robot as in the MACD Sample example in OOP. It would never have occurred to me to make fun of a seemingly simple solution of the problem in such a way.

That's why it turns out that programmers with some experience invent the logic of new EAs in procedural style first and then translate it into OOP. In this case they get only one advantage - the possibility to add new branches of logic easily or modify them not changing the source code, but rewriting a couple of methods.

For research work OOP is of course a strength. But when an idea has been maturing for months and when you have a complete picture in your mind, the Expert Advisor can be written in the procedural style within an hour or a day.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Rentat, how about Python then? As far as I understand it, it's a much more open platform in terms of integration. And most importantly promising in terms of scientific computing. Such integration would give a big push forward to MQL and stock data analysis industry itself.

or better, a code converter from c++ to mql or something.

because the required libs will be converted after some research and that's all

Reason: