Question! Do the developers of robots (Expert Advisors) trade themselves? - page 13

Igor Makanu:

all right, but not to understand trading as you write, but to know the hardware and software as I write, i.e. must know the capabilities of the trading platform and interaction with the server and the trading environment...

This is basically the eternal problem, software customers are always waiting for a miracle, that programmers are both software developers, yes it happens, but it is usually the exception, and often for the worse - the programmer steals someone else's idea or some other claims

And on top of that: any serious software requires marketing, one person can not be a programmer and a developer and a marketer at the same time ... Imagine the head of Microsoft, who constantly writes code and develops software strategy, and still has time to deal with presentations and sales? )))))

It is true. Marketing is essential these days. If all the marketers were also engaged in marketing then the cost of market products would be much higher, because marketing costs would have to be included as well.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
So why is the fault of the programmer and not of the trader in this case?

and they are never at fault, it's how the trading strategy is written: here we enter, here we profit and it doesn't matter that the customer looks at the history of entry points and sees to the right of the entry already exits, trying to get through that the right side of the chart will not, here take the chart scroll so that it does not show the future relative to the entry... and cover part of the monitor with a piece of paper ..... whatever, enter here, profit here

)))

Vitalii Ananev:

That's right. There's nowhere without marketing. If all market vendors were to do marketing as well, then the cost of market products would be much higher, because marketing costs would have to be included as well.

Marketing is an organisational function and a set of processes for creating, promoting and providing a product or service to customers and managing the relationship with them to the benefit of the organisation. More succinctly, marketing is an activity designed to meet market needs for profit.
Wikipedia

Aren't marketers trying their best to meet market needs?

Advertising, maintenance (support), information... Without this, no product in the marketplace can sell.

There are exceptions, a pretty picture that newcomers buy, but it's short-lived, without a goal for the future.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

Marketing - the organizational function and the set of processes to create, promote and provide a product or service to customers and manage relationships with them to the benefit of the organization. More succinctly, marketing is an activity designed to meet market needs for profit.
Wikipedia

Aren't vendors trying their best to meet market needs?

Advertising, support, information... Without this, no product in the marketplace can sell.

There are exceptions, a pretty picture, which attracts newcomers, but it will not last long, without a goal for the future.

So, that's my point. Just advertising costs money, so it must be compensated somehow and the cost of advertising are included in the price of the final product. Maintenance (support) is the cost of time, and time is as they say money.

Vitalii Ananev:

That's what I mean. Advertising costs money, so it must be compensated for and advertising costs are included in the price of the final product. Maintenance (support) is the cost of time, and time, as they say, is money.

What advertising, what money. You invest in advertising on Yandex or Google and you are likely to promote the Market itself, not yourself. On your honest product, the picture and the test will be 100% worse than the next grail.

Fast528:

What advertising, what money. Invest in advertising on Yandex or Google and you will most likely promote the Market itself, not yourself. On your honest product, the picture and the test will be 100% worse than on the next product.

Unfortunately advertising has lost its relevance now. Google has banned forex ads. Yandex has its own nuances (banned in Ukraine) + you also need to have a broker's license.

So yes. Advertising has now collapsed and is crossed off the list of expenses.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

Unfortunately, advertising has now lost its relevance. Google has banned forex advertising. Yandex has its own nuances (banned in Ukraine) + you have to have a broker's licence too.

So yes. Advertising has now collapsed and is crossed off the expense list.

I see robot ads from yandex all the time, I typed in search trading robot now, 4 ads at the top came up

Fast528:

I see ads for robots all the time from Yandex

I see it sometimes too, and have also asked this question on the forum, how? there's a scheme of its own, advertising through brokers, confusing situation.

I too A...... was proved that you can do advertising. But in the end they found out that you cannot... (in particular for Ukraine)

Vladislav Andruschenko:

Unfortunately, advertising has now lost its relevance. Google has banned forex advertising. Yandex has its own nuances (banned in Ukraine) + you have to have a broker's licence too.

So yes. Advertising has now collapsed and is crossed off the expense list.

You have your website listed in your profile. Where you probably advertise your products. That's an expense too - hosting, domain, content.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I too see it sometimes, and have asked this question on the forum too, how? there's a scheme of its own, advertising through brokers, confusing situation.

I too A...... was proved that you can do advertising. But in the end they found out that you cannot... (Particularly for Ukraine)

try not to write forex, etc., sell the trading robot

Reason: