will the FOREX live on? - page 9

Ilya Malev:

I think we are talking about naked scalpers, who get stuck with an extra micropips of slippage (or a general lack of understanding of how liquidity is arranged in the Forex market at different times of day) - you will not make money with them anywhere, and I suspect - especially at the exchange, because there you will be initially given a spread such that such a system will draw an exclusively flat line of losses, even before any slippage

What about swaps? Huh? They're gone.

not a scalping one at all. What about overnight flat? oh yeah, right... poor liquidity at night... well, well)) in a global market, as you assure me

the news ones are also decided... no entry... no exit... i think you have some kind of special penknife that can take something substantial out of the market... like a psychic device

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Those who have robust systems and are sort of outraged )) the rest are just confused, like you ... like how come, everything is fine ... like, I am flushing myself, no one helps

and i'm not outraged, just commenting on some of the misconceptions of local residents, as long as it's interesting to me

Let's assume there's a robust TS. What is a robust TS, according to you? This is TS, which is literally on the thin, in an extremely efficient market, pulls out a profit. Do you think you'd have to be a 7-eyes-perfect person to screw it up?

This is not a robust system.

Robust system - is any (preferably profitable) TS, which is based on accurate algorithms and lends itself to automation, and thus it does not lose its profitability.

And what you are writing about is not quite clear what.

This is the first time I see such a wording of TS - "this is a TS that is literally on the thin, in an extremely efficient market, pulls out a profit." )))))

Boris Gulikov:

This is not a robust system.

A robust system is any (preferably profitable) TS which is based on clear algorithms and can be automated without losing its profitability.

And what you are writing about - it's not quite clear what.

This is the first time I've seen such a wording of TS - "this is a TS that literally takes out a thin profit in an extremely efficient market." )))))

Well, then go ahead for 10-20% per annum, because that is what you came to Forex :)

If you have a good market, any robust TS will work very slowly. It's a well known truth, no one has an advantage.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

How about swaps? Huh? Huh? Been there, done that.

not a pipsqueak at all. what about flat overnight? oh yeah, right... bad liquidity overnight... well, well)) in a global market, you assure me

the news ones are also decided... no entry... no exit... I think you have a special penknife that can take something substantial out of the market ... like a psychic apparatus ...

Not to be fooled by nightsticks you just need to test them with current night spreads. Just that, Karl! But this tricky combination is not available to everyone. Someone thinks they can put a spread of 2 in the tester and adequately test a nightstick trading in 00-01 on crosses. Normal night tools do not break when the average spread is doubled. And you will not come to the exchange with such systems, as already said. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. Probably even much better than you do.

Ilya Malev:

In order not to be fooled by overnight spreads, all you have to do is test them with the current overnight spreads. Just that, Karl! But this tricky combination is not available to everyone. Someone thinks they can put a spread of 2 in the tester and adequately test a nightstick trading in 00-01 on crosses. Normal night tools do not break when the average spread is doubled. Well, you will not come to the exchange with such systems, as already said. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. Probably even much better than you do.

There are no actual overnight spreads, Carl... those are pictures for crazy people.

Well, strictly speaking, by and large, the nightlights trading in the rollover (00-01) are rubbish by definition. Unfortunately so, c'est la vie.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

there's no such thing as actual overnight spreads, Carl... those are pictures for lunatics.

That phrase says everything there is to know about forex

@Maxim Dmitrievsky, I'm serious - what is "in an efficient market any robust TS works on the thin side"?

Do I understand correctly that I mean the overnight flat market?

Which is sort of thin?

Well, so at Forex brokers do not allow to make profit because of high spreads or do not allow to open position because of lack of liquidity? And also spread spikes and non-market quotes in favor of the broker on unexpected news and rumors cannot be ruled out.

Doesn't that happen on the stock exchange?

Ilya Malev:
Well, strictly speaking, by and large, night traders trading rollover (00-01) are rubbish by definition. Sadly so, c'est la vie.

I'm just asking what other super-secret strategies there are that can be traded specifically in forex that would take advantage of this opaque indicative market

And, by the way, they're not stopper.
Reason: