Services. Are they up and running yet? - page 16

Slava :

With GlobalVariable Terminal, you can transfer up to 8 bytes of information in one variable.

To differentiate access from different MQL5 programs, you can use GlobalVariableSetOnCondition

What when you have 1GB of data to transfer?

Alain Verleyen:
What, when you have 1GB of data to transfer?

Where does that amount go?

You can use piping to transfer 1 gig.

Slava :

Where's so much going?

You can use piping to transfer 1 gig.

I can't explain here why. If you want, I can send you a private message explaining my problem.

I know there is a solution using a DLL or third party tool (the pipe needs a server with channels), but I would only like an MT5 / mql5 solution.

Alain Verleyen:

I would only like an MT5 / mql5 solution.

Resources.

fxsaber :

Resources.

Yes. Does it work with huge amounts of data (1GB or more)? Haven't tried it yet.

Alain Verleyen:
Yes. Does it work with huge amounts of data (1GB or more)? I haven't tried it yet.

When there is a real challenge, it is logical to try to solve it first.

fxsaber :

When there is a real challenge, it is logical to try to solve it first.

I would never do that, funny guy.

Alain Verleyen:
I would never do that, funny guy.

Why not a 100GB transfer? This is a rhetorical question.

The verification code is less than a dozen lines.

Slava :

Where's that going?

Piping can be used to transfer 1 gig.

Well, I can actually explain it here. I am working on a system with ticks on history (several years). We work on the bars, then we have to analyse the ticks on some filtered bars.

When using CopyTicks / CopyTicksRange bar by bar it's very slow, so I have to load large amounts of data into memory (like 1GB) and then it's much faster (at least 5 times faster).

Now even loading big chunks of data (ticks) into memory is time consuming if you have to do it at every startup, so I've started doing it with a service to keep the data in memory. And there you have new problems.

Ideally getting ticks per 1 bar (or multiple bars) using CopyTicks / CopyTicksRange shouldn't be that slow, but it's probably unavoidable.

I hope the transfer is good.

fxsaber :

Why not a 100GB transfer? This is a rhetorical question.

The verification code is less than a dozen lines.

Please don't answer if you have nothing to say.

I don't care about a rhetorical question, I have a practical question to solve.

Reason: