Services. Are they up and running yet? - page 13

I could be wrong, but it would be better if Meta Editors were brought to the promised state....

Market partnership has been implemented, more than 3 years of promises by the way...

Market could have a shopping cart and discounts for wholesale...

Services? Cool to say, but what can services do that other programs cannot do?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Services? Cool to say, but what can services do that other programs can't do?

You can create several services, each of which will calculate changes in the market environment or statistics. Separately, create another service that will collect the results of calculations of other services and prepare them for the Expert Advisor. The Expert Advisor will access this service and immediately receive all of the necessary processed data.

The main thing is that all this will not be tied to certain charts. And this is very convenient.

The service can also draw on the canvas, but not display the image, but save it in a resource, from which it will be taken by the Expert Advisor and displayed on the chart. This can be an animation, which would weigh the EA down too much if implemented inside it.

In short, I see a lot of pluses in Services for me. And then there's the calendar and sockets! There's lots and lots to come up with... (if only you had the imagination).

Oh, I found a common case for services. so far probably the only one - a mediator for webrequests.

But with the timer, evens and guineas, the advisor is still better

Реter Konow:

Several services can be created, each of which will calculate changes in the market environment or statistics. Separately, create another service that will collect the results of calculations of other services and prepare them for the Expert Advisor. The Expert Advisor will access this service and immediately receive all of the necessary processed data.

The main thing is that all this will not be tied to certain charts. And this is very convenient.

The service can also draw on the canvas, but not display the image, but save it in a resource, from which it will be taken by the Expert Advisor and shown on the chart. It could be an animation which would make the EA too heavy if implemented inside it.

I wonder how to implement all this in the EA in the market ... ???

Been waiting for tick indicator services. There are many tick indicators, which display different information, making essentially the same calculations. I.e. you receive ticks in a service and then send the processed tick information to all indicators. But again, how to send information from the service to the indicator? There seems to be no other way but through resources?

Renat Fatkhullin:

The services are still in their initial state.

They work and do their job well. But the unique functionality is yet to come.

You can already come up with a lot of tasks for services in the form of constantly running processes regardless of the state of the terminal.

An EA with a timer differs from a service only in having an open chart for it, and it has several advantages (gui, testing).

Why this one-wheeled bike?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

An EA with a timer differs from a service only in having a schedule open to it, and has several advantages (gui, testing).

Why this one-wheeled bike?

Why are you collectively miscommunicating here in a few voices? Why are you trying to manipulate "unicycle"?

If you don't know how to use services that work all the time, then don't use them.

There will be a percentage of developers who can.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Why are you collectively misunderstanding in a few voices here? Why are you trying to manipulate the "unicycle"?

If you don't know how to use services that work all the time, then don't use them.

There will be a percentage of developers who can.

Are there any differences from a timed EA? Just point them out.

fxsaber:

I don't know why feedback is needed yet. But transferring data via again Resources to the Service is not a problem.

Because not everyone works only with quotes. I want to use the service as an analogue of a stream, into which I threw the data and let it count something heavy there.

Is there an example of data transmission on the fly through resources? Just haven't done so yet...

Reason: