My approach. The core is the engine. - page 29

Andrey Barinov:

Making your own GUI is not the problem.

The problem is finding a meaningful use for it which is needed by MORE users. So far, this is what everyone has difficulties with. If there is a normal task, there will be a GUI, and not just one...

Peter, what is the answer to the question WHY do users need your product? I understand that you are fascinated by the process, have been through it. But, why do the users need it? Who is the target audience?

GUI is a tool for creating semi-automatic trading systems that are designed to displace manual trading.

If users get addicted to semi-automatic systems, they will forget about manual trading. And they will be with us. On the MT platform.

Реter Konow:

The GUI is a tool for creating semi-automatic trading systems that are designed to displace manual trading.

If users get addicted to semi-automatic systems, they will forget about manual trading. And they will be with us. On the MT platform.

I still don't get it. Who is your product for? AND WHY?

Реter Konow:

The GUI is a tool for creating semi-automatic trading systems that are designed to displace manual trading.

Those who trade on forex DCs, anyway, will be on MT platform. Where will they go.) Forex platforms are one and done.

Andrey Barinov:

There is manual trading. There is algorithmic trading. There is almost no semi-automatic trading.

If we create semi-automatic trading, we own it. That is it will belong to the niche of algotrading.

If semi-automatic trading will be created by some company for users trading manually on some platform, then the transition from manual trading to semi-automatic trading will be performed there.

In short, the task is to interest manual traders around the world in semi-automatic trading.

And for all of us to make money from it.

Andrey Barinov:

Well, I've already said above - for people who understand programming, but, oddly enough, prefer to trade "hands on".

I have not seen them yet. Either manual traders who are very, very weak in programming, or people who know programming but almost never trade with hands - at most they "help" experts. Or vice versa - they open deals to be accompanied by an expert.

But people who know programming and at the same time trade manually?

Реter Konow:

In short - the goal is to get manual traders around the world interested in semi-automatic trading.

You, Peter, forget a little detail - these very "manual traders" must at the same time be sufficiently well versed in programming. Do you think there are many of them?

Georgiy Merts:
You, Peter, are forgetting a small detail - these very "manual traders" must be quite good at programming. Do you think there are many of them?

Exactly no. They will use off-the-shelf programmes with advanced functionality. And we have to create them. They will also be able to use computing engines.

Georgiy Merts:

Yes well, I've already said it above - for people who know programming but, oddly enough, prefer to trade "hands on".

I haven't seen any of those yet. Either manual traders who are very, very weak in programming, or people who know programming but almost never trade with their hands - at most they "help" experts. Or vice versa - they open deals to be accompanied by an expert.

And this is so that at the same time and understand the programming, but at the same time - trading manually ???

Actually, semi-automatic machines rule. Example: Volchansky, and sin myself. But I don't think Volchansky, and I don't either, will use Peter's GUI. It takes longer to understand than to make it for yourself, even from scratch.

Реter Konow:

In this thread, I want to talk about my approach to programming. Be warned in advance - there will be no discussion of GUI here. If I ever talk about it, it will be only as an example of my solutions working.

Are there more solutions? Otherwise it all came down to a discussion of GUI.

Реter Konow:

Exactly no. They will use off-the-shelf programmes with advanced functionality. And we have to create them. They will also be able to use computing engines.

You've been told more than once that your code is not easy to understand. Even for those who have a lot of experience. Making use of all the features is even harder (just because there's a bunch of stuff available anywhere through the global scope). People with little knowledge of programming will not be able to do this.

Reason: