A robot without indicators - page 5

Farkhat Guzairov:

Comrade, no need to pout for no reason, I am stating what I have understood and accepted from practical experience of using MQL, if your programming has not encountered a similar problem, it means you have yet come to the right point.

This is as a proof:

3 21:01:28.763 XXX(1.2) USDJPY,M1: indicator is too slow, 1560 ms. rewrite the indicator, please.

If you are on the topic, at this time, your bot will also be in a suspended state, waiting for a response from the indicator, but the market is not waiting and continues its work.

As the master of the topic, I too began to move away from the indicators, moving all the code in the bot, but this situation does not help in large calculations and sharp price movements, in general "comrade", I wish you to think differently, until you actually face the problem, where the MQL has nothing more to offer, except to raise the white flag and give up.

1. Please keep an eye on your emotions.
2. The message you mentioned only suggests a sub-optimal indicator code, which is directly down to the person who wrote it.
3. No proof of your words?

Maxim Romanov:
All this on a zero bar? You mean buy every time the price reaches the previous low?
Of course, zero is first of all, I forgot completely

bergkamp:

You have 28open positions, what is the drawdown on them?)

Why aren't there any links, I wanted to send them to my monitor

Sprut112:
I created a robot without indicators, just by the algorithm. It shows good results so far. The question is why do we need them and why do we bother using them?
There are indicators that determine neither a trend nor a flat. They determine the advantage of forces in either direction. You cannot determine it with your eyes. Because it's not the price direction, but the degree of entropy (randomness) in the price. In fact these indicators are something like inventions that is why they are not popular, of course I have a couple of them developed on request in personal communication. I will not be able to determine the trend a priori. But a flat is quite possible. Since flat + randomness exists about 98% of all market time.
But you can do without indicators and it will be incomparably more productive than researching ways to predict the impossible.

Few, if any, people here wonder what they are researching. It doesn't take much wisdom to apply methods. Applying exactly where it will give results and determining whether or not it will give results in advance is what is important in terms of indicators.

Martin Cheguevara:
There are indicators that determine...not a trend or a flat...they do not exist in pure form anyway. They determine the advantage of forces in either direction. You cannot determine it with your eyes. Because it's not the price direction, but the degree of entropy (randomness) in the price. In fact these indicators are something like inventions that is why they are not popular, of course I have a couple of them developed on request in personal communication. I will not be able to determine the trend a priori. But a flat is quite possible. Since flat + randomness exists about 98% of all market time.
But you can do without indicators and it will be incomparably more productive than researching ways to predict the impossible.

Few, if any, people here wonder what they are researching. It doesn't take much wisdom to apply methods. To apply exactly where it will give results and to determine in advance whether it will or will not give results is what is important in terms of indicators.
So let's say I have 150 profitable trades - is it a fluke?

Sprut112:
Why aren't there any links, I wanted to send them to my monitor

In a private message ...

Sprut112:
So let's say I have 150 profitable trades - is it a fluke?
A fluke for today.

Sprut112:
Of course, zero is first and foremost, I forgot completely

it won't work that way, there's no profit in it.

Sprut112:
So, let's say I have 150 profitable trades - is it a fluke?

it is not an accident, but it is not a pattern either. It works now, it will stop working in a month or tomorrow, when the nature of the market changes.

Reason: