Tell me how to prepare a martin so as not to drain... - page 7

Renat Akhtyamov:

I remember your excerpts from the terminal with good results

it's probably just temporary luck

Of course I knew and saw that it wouldn't be long before you went down

because...

you have no strategy of dealing with drawdown at all, which depends on your own trading system, so it is personal

and the risk is repeatedly exceeded.

Yes, you're right as always ... "I had customs - there were smugglers" ....3 months everything was going fine ... and then the "black swan" ... because that's how it works - you got into a rut and got used to it ... and then ... I blew it all and what I had in reserve too... I'm sorry I don't have such a teammate, we're not in the same company... If you're recruiting for your hedge company, remember the risk taker, maybe I can be useful... even though I have a lot of experience, and yet you still see me as a loser... I may even sit for the "chairman"...)) Just kidding, of course I am not an old man in the field, but the game is a game without practice... If you don't lose once in a big way, you won't know where to put the straw... so on...

Сергей Криушин:
You're right as always... "I had customs, I had smugglers" ....3 months everything was going fine... and then the "black swan"... because that's how it works - you got into a rut and got used to it... and then... I blew it all and what I had in reserve... I'm sorry I don't have such a teammate, we're not in the same company... If you're recruiting for your hedge company, remember the risk taker, maybe I can be useful... even though I have a lot of experience, and yet you still see me as a loser... I may even serve as "chairman"...)) Just kidding, of course I am not an old man in the field, but the game is a game without practice... If you don't lose once in a big way, you won't know where to put the straw... somehow...

pure, high-risk martinis are a market tidbit...

risk must be managed

and equity is the main thing, balance is secondary.

Igor Makanu:

I will add my own experience, I have a couple of regular customers, who do not seem to know each other, and they both have a good eye - they see such things on charts that they really need to trade bots (they themselves have no experience in programming and do not want to hear anything, but the TOR is very straightforward)

So, both during the first half of this year they started asking to add averaging, where in new EAs and where in existing ones, and in both of them the logic of averaging is connected with the APR indicator - the averaging is activated by order drawdown in pips and then according to the formula: No. of averaging order * APR value

It is interesting that I have not seen more than 2 averaging orders in their TS after modifications and testing

I.e. if a TS with well-chosen indicators sometimes "runs out" of stop-loss orders, the tester shows that an average order is more useful than harmful

;)

Yes, thanks, that's an interesting point...very maybe...have to look and try it...

Averaging, Martin, grids, etc. are not terrible in themselves and improve the performance of the TS. But when abused, it leads to big disadvantages.

Dmitiry Ananiev:
Averaging, Martin, grids, etc. are not terrible in themselves and improve the performance of the TS. But when abused, it leads to big disadvantages.
Exactly! You just need to do statistical analysis, and, given the probability of winning P, calculate the corresponding interval of trading time until which we will not lose with a probability of 1-P. Everything counts, gentlemen! It is possible to trade profitably with Martin, and stably.

Aleksey Ivanov:
You can also trade profitably with Martin, and steadily.

Golden words )
I got most of my profit on forex using martingales with low risk and adequate money management.

Reason: