Our development path. Councillors of today and tomorrow.

What is the future of EAs? Will they evolve and in which scenario - MoD, AI, OS or eternal DOS (figuratively)?

Communicating on the forum I've made the following conclusions:

From the viewpoint of programmers-traders, trading programs must be a bare logical framework, carrying the load of calculations. There is no need to interact with them. You only need to let them move along the track with a steering wheel turned in advance. And off we go. If they are lacking capabilities, they may use "crutches" - Excel, SQL, VS, DLL and so on. So be it. But what if we could get rid of crutches and get everything we need from the terminal itself?

I've always believed that trading programs should be developed into a trading environment with wide possibilities and interact with the user as an intelligent operating system. That inside them there should be risk management, statistics and news feed, a custom market and so on. A sort of terminal in a terminal. Dreams of course... What is it for? To make an assembly of your own desires and possibilities. But, what if we take this development path?

The main question is: What content and features to add to the Expert Advisors, if suddenly there is more content and features?

I suggest we use our imagination and imagine the architecture of the EAs of the future.

I see. Thank you for your opinion.

The general theory of functional systems leads us to an understanding of decision-making problems. The advisor of the future must be motivated by a primary goal: to make a profit.

The main question is: What can be included in EAs apart from the trading strategy?

Valeriy Medvedev:
The general theory of functional systems leads us to understand the problems of decision making. The Expert Advisor of the future should be motivated by the main goal: to bring profit.

Of course, profit is the main goal of any EA. But there must be additional attributes to the programme. Different features.

Reports, alerts, questions to the user. Something else... I don't know.

Therefore, I suggest you turn on the imagination).

Valeriy Medvedev:
The general theory of functional systems leads us to understand the problems of decision-making.

Should we divide decision-making between the user and the EA, or leave everything to the EA?

If all decisions are entrusted to the EA, it can go wrong in situations not foreseen in its algorithms. Trusting only the user - this is not algotrading.

How to share responsibility for decisions?

Реter Konow:

The main question is: what can be included in EAs besides the trading strategy?

naturally the buttons

apart from the fact that the robot works, the person sometimes thinks non-trivially

Реter Konow:

Should we divide decision-making between the user and the EA, or leave everything to the EA?

If all decisions are entrusted to the EA, it can go wrong in situations not foreseen in its algorithms. Trusting only the user - this is not algotrading.

How to share responsibility for decisions?

If you want to use semi-automatic EA, I think that the trader must set the trading direction, perhaps considering the Expert Advisor's opinion. All the rest, such as the entry point, Breakeven setting, trailing stop-loss, and closing of trades must be done by the Expert Advisor.

khorosh:

Если предполагается использовать полуавтомат, то считаю, что трейдер должен задавать направление торговли, возможно с учётом мнения советника. Всё остальное, момент входа, установка в безубыток, трал и закрытие сделки должен делать советник.

Renat Akhtyamov

In addition to the fact that the robot works, human beings sometimes think non-trivially

So, the practical necessity to take care of one's profits and the understanding that EA algorithms are imperfect takes us away from the idea of absolute dominance of the EA in decision making, and leads us to the idea of external control by a human. An effective symbiosis of program and mind with proper division of responsibility and role in decision making?

Реter Konow:
So, the practical need to take care of one's profits and the understanding that EA algorithms are imperfect takes us away from the idea of absolute EA dominance in decision making and leads to the idea of external human control. An effective symbiosis of program and mind with a proper division of responsibility and role in decision making?
I believe that this is the only right way

Реter Konow:

How to share the responsibility for decisions?

1) Expert Advisor logic should be based on a certain idea, justified by some theory or assumption about market laws.

2. Do not rely on manual intervention.

3. nothing works - change the theory or view of the market, until acceptable results are obtained.

4. Do not demand from the Expert Advisor to achieve exorbitant results, such as doubling the deposit in 1 month.

5. allow the Expert Advisor to drawdown up to 2/3 of the deposit, following the principle: no drawdown - no profit.

6. The recovery factor, i.e. the ratio of the net profit to the maximal drawdown should be >3, better within 5-10 when testing the TS.

Reason: