[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 161

vladds:

I'm thinking of a variation on the mashka to see what's trending.
You're a strategist...

You crossed Monkey with Monkey, now you want to cross Monkey with Mashka?

Well, that's a great move. :)

vladds:

And I say $150 is not enough. You need at least 300.

Exactly! It's all a matter of greed and haste. And you need a deposit of at least 1000 USD on 0.01.

If you don't have that much, on a cent account the equivalent of 100 USD.

OnGoing:

Exactly! It's all a matter of greed and haste. And you need a deposit of at least 1000 USD on 0.01.

If you don't have that much, on a cent account the equivalent of 100 USD.

Exactly!

OnGoing:

If you don't have so much, on a cent account the equivalent of 100 USD.

What is the basis of this statement, can you prove it?

At least you should have a detailed tester's statement, so that for 1 year with sufficient profits and drawdowns.

serferrer:

On what is this statement based, can you prove it?

At least a stack from a tester with detailed data, so that for 1 year with sufficient profit and drawdown.

The tester does not show it. For full unsinkability of this TS it is necessary to intervene manually using the algorithm described earlier.

At least until we manage to formalize these rules and translate them into code.

OnGoing:

It does not show in the tester. For this TS to be completely unsinkable, we must still intervene manually according to the algorithm I described earlier.

At least until we manage to formalize these rules and translate them into code.

You can't test a lot with your hands, so it is logical to assume that the unsinkability is not proven on the period of 1-12 years, until it is checked in the tester with a real tick history, floating spread, gaps, slippage, + profit with the reserve for requotes.

If you trade in semi-automatic mode, it would be better to open the first order of a series using the same script as the magician, having analyzed the market situation, and leave the rest to the Expert Advisor. To do this, you need to disable the setting of the first order of a series in the Expert Advisor; it is very easy to do this by commenting out the corresponding functions for opening orders.

serferrer:
You can't test a lot with your hands, so it is logical to assume that the unsinkability is not proven for the period of 1-12 years until it is checked in the tester considering the floating spread, gaps, slippage, + profit with margin for requotes.

Slippage, requotes and floating spreads for this system have almost no effect on the result, I have been convinced of that enough these days. Gaps (significant ones) usually occur after the weekend, so their influence can be easily compensated. Either do not keep positions opened over the weekend, or close them before the market opens.

That is actually all you listed. The unsinkability of the TS can only be achieved by solving the problem of drawdown control and eliminating the blocked sets of positions. This is the most difficult moment to formalize.

OnGoing: The unsinkability of the TS can only be achieved by solving the problem of drawdown control and destroying blocked position packages. This is the most difficult point to formalise.
So this is the essence of your "system" - an illusory accumulation of risks and lots in a 50-50 situation minus the costs of trading. And if you want to avoid this shit and seek the advantage of incoming and outgoing, then what for do you need lots and averages? Deadlock.

khorosh:
If trading in semi-automatic mode, it would be better to open the first order of a series using the same script with the same magik having analyzed the market situation and leaving the rest to the Expert Advisor. To do this, you need to disable the setting of the first order of a series in the Expert Advisor.

This also makes good sense. I.e. we do not start the series at any moment, but wait for a convenient moment by TA.

For example, it is not reasonable to start a series of bars at the maximum of a bullish trend, because there is a high probability of reversal. However sells may and should be opened, because their advantage in the given situation is obvious.

I.e. instead of increasing the series and locking it at a certain threshold, we do not even allow for the preconditions of the drawdown itself, starting to work at more favorable moments.

Reason: