Exploring the Graal. "The 'tester grail' only works on the tester. And how to make an online chart become like a tester chart. Or - page 20

aleger:

Tried to connect to ICM and this account - seems to work. Am I interrupting?

You won't.

password invest

Alexander Ivanov:
And our job was to make the bot see a graph like on the tester

Yeah, one problem. The tester generates quotes knowing how the bar will develop.

Online will sometimes coincide, but the final result will disappoint you.

I tested such an idea.

I wrote it on mt5. And I did it in two variants -

We run the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester and copy trades from the Strategy Tester to a real account.

We write a custom symbol and hang the Expert Advisor on it, but it will trade on the real symbol.

All these two versions were 100% similar to the tester, but I had a lag of 1 minute bar.

This basically killed my tester graals.

Alexander Ivanov:

would not interfere.

password invest

Somehow the current results of the proposed EA are not very impressive...

And directly test this Expert Advisor for its profitability

on the major currency pairs and the most profitable timeframes over a weekly

for a week timeframe and standard settings is it possible?

The theory of big numbers. Any strategy will fail. How long it takes to fail depends on luck and the complexity of the algorithm. That's all. It doesn't stop you from making money. I don't know what everyone's looking for here.

Ilya Vasenin:
The theory of large numbers. Any strategy will fail. How long it takes to drain depends on luck and the complexity of the algorithm. That is all. It doesn't stop you from making money. I don't know what everyone's looking for here.

You just need to stop in time when you are draining, so that what you have earned is not less than what you have drained).

Ilya Vasenin:
Big number theory. Any strategy will fail. How long it takes before it sucks depends on luck and the complexity of the algorithm.
Aren't you scared of flying planes? According to the "Theory of Large Numbers" they should crash regularly...

Serqey Nikitin:
Aren't you scared of flying planes? According to the "Theory of Large Numbers" they should fall down regularly...

Not really, according to the theory of big numbers, big planes should fall.))

aleger:

Somehow the current results of the proposed EA are not very impressive...

To directly test this Expert Advisor on its profitability

on the major currency pairs and the most profitable timeframes during the weekly

for a week timeframe and standard settings is it possible?

There is a result. It's just that this account is for experimentation. I should have optimised the system.

Alexander Ivanov:
The result is there. It's just that this account is for experimentation. I should have optimised the system.
The usual excuse
Reason: