A pattern. - page 9

Rustem Bigeev:

Interesting discussion...

There is another pattern in the market - a pattern is never permanent. Today it is there, and tomorrow it is at rest...

A good, time-tested excuse!... It used to sound like this: "Everything is in God's hands!" i.e. nothing depends on us, we can just take it easy and do NOTHING!

Comfortable and safe...

Rustem Bigeev:

Interesting discussion...

There are, of course, regularities, but there are also accidents - a regularity is that they alternate.

If it's morning and I say it will be evening in 12 hours, is that a coincidence or a pattern?

At the same time, if I say that it is hot now and in 12 hours it will be cold - is it a fluke or a pattern?

IMHO in the market, randomness and regularity depend on the point of view. From one point of view the processes look random, and if you go higher or vice versa, if you go lower, there it is - a pattern.

There is another pattern in the market - a pattern is not constant. Today it is there, and tomorrow it is at rest... What I mean is that if you see a pattern - take a part of it and calm down until you see another one.

Quite right. I agree with your point of view. Regularities do exist, but there is no regularity in their execution. And everyone wants an even sine wave). Regularities in the markets repeat all the time, but maybe we just don't know how to see them in 3D because they are spiralized like in DNA. They show up on different TFs and we notice them then.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Regularities exist, but there is no regularity in their execution. And everyone wants an even sine wave). Regularities in the markets repeat themselves all the time, but maybe we just don't know how to see them in 3-D because they are spiralized like DNA. They show up on different TFs and we notice them then.

Yes, patterns do exist and they are different...

The task of a trader is to determine an understandable pattern and build a strategy based on it.

Regularities in the FOREX market

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, regularities do exist and they are different...

The task of the trader is to determine an understandable pattern and build a strategy based on it.

Regularities in the FOREX market

And then there is a pattern of losing deposits. You do not consider this point, while it should be put in the first place.

Uladzimir Izerski:

And then there is the legitimate loss of deposits. You don't consider this point, and you should have put it first, and then in order it's right.

Yes, of course, each trader chooses his own pattern.

Serqey Nikitin:

A good, time-tested excuse!... It used to be: "Everything is in God's hands!" i.e. nothing depends on us, we can do nothing and do NOTHING!

Comfortable and safe...

There are things in nature that are beyond our control, both in terms of physical confrontation and knowledge. About the excuse - I wasn't suggesting we do nothing and keep our heads down. I was only suggesting that you change your position as an observer if you can't see the pattern....

Rustem Bigeev:

There are things in nature that are beyond our control, both in terms of physical confrontation and cognition.

Aren't you making the FOREX market a bit more complicated?

In fact, we are working with the visualization of the market. And this is just a flat chart in two coordinates, where we have to choose one direction out of TWO (up or down). It is quite possible to find patterns on a chart with two coordinates...

Keep it simple...

Serqey Nikitin:

Aren't you making the FOREX market a bit more complicated?

Finding patterns on a chart with two coordinates is quite possible...

I sincerely wish you every success.... :-) Maybe you can do what no one has done before...

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Basically an unknowable pattern). But there is also just randomness, and it's impossible to tell the difference).

let's say 2 people opened signals.
the first one traded on a coin flip. and he was lucky to make 10 profitable deals in a row.
the second found a good strategy and made 10 profitable trades in a row.
and you look at these signals and you cannot tell them apart. you cannot tell which one is just lucky and which one has developed a profitable strategy.

Yuri's words should not be taken as an absolute truth. he is a scalper and he does not care where the market goes, but there are also position traders.
Reason: