Selecting a computer configuration (expert optimisation a priority) - page 17

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Exactly in normal conditions, but there is OpenCL, there the developers kind of promised support for this technology in the tester as well...

It's been in the tester for a long time, not in the cloud

Alexey Volchanskiy:

+++

Alexey, I've written above to Alexey :)))

And with hypertrading (six cores without hypertrading vs. 12 threads with hypertrading) I've compared - there's a little real benefit. Somewhere between 15 and 20%, if I try it in OHLC mode at 1M (i. e. when data are completely or almost completely in cache of processor, maybe there is a gain in other modes too, I haven't tried it). If I turn on turbo-boost as well - then profit is not less than one third (but in this case CPU's temperature easily goes over 80 deg, with long optimization it reaches 90 deg, so I've turned off turbo-boost).

Tasks I used are also in freely available, they are experts for testing systems for TC League(any of 16). Which one - no difference, they have close code, based on one of my libraries, interesting - I can show you.

the turbo-boost should not be turned off, but adjusted, raising the frequency and voltages until the CPU works "efficiently", i.e. quickly and does not get too hot, i.e. the voltages are not too high

The maximum boost of each individual core can be adjusted on the CPU, some cores work better than others, i.e. they need less voltage boost,

but of course you should start with cooler - it's a tower for about 1.5 rubles DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 (300), then the price goes up, and cooling efficiency decreases sharply

75gr normal temp in optimization mode, it is necessary to tune turboboost under it, but first a cooler.

Типы оптимизации - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - MetaTrader 5
Типы оптимизации - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
В данном режиме происходит полный перебор всех возможных комбинаций значений входных переменных, выбранных для оптимизации на соответствующей вкладке. Быстрая (генетический алгоритм) В основу данного типа оптимизации заложен генетический алгоритм подбора наилучших значений входных параметров. Данный тип оптимизации значительно быстрее полного...

Fast451:

you don't have to turn the turbo off, you have to tune it.

No, you don't.

All your words are correct, but only for processors with letter K.

I have all these settings in my bios, and voltages, and timings, and allowable powers by cores, and turbo-boost multipliers... In general my board supports overclocking settings to the full extent.

But only with my CPU all these settings are read-only. In manual it's clearly written - if you want fine tuning - use letter K. But you'll have to pay a shitload of money for those settings. I know, that I won't care too much about settings - in the end I'll come to "on-off" system.

If they would charge no more than 1000 roubles for a K-liter, I'd take it. But for this litre they want 2500, plus the fan then have to take another 1000r more expensive. That said - I showed a review - even with a very expensive fan the temperature was approaching 90. So, all this is not for me. Sometimes, when I need it urgently, I can switch it on. The fan, of course, buzzes at full speed and the temperature goes over 90, but there's no trottling yet.

But if not to chase after overclocks and turbo boosts everything becomes much easier, and DeepCool Theta 16 quite manages with cooling, reserve is, temperature in optimization mode was 72 degrees maximum.

Georgiy Merts:

No, it's not.

Everything you said is correct, but only for processors with letter K.

In my bios I have all these settings, and voltages, and timings, and allowable powers by cores, and turbo-boost multipliers... In general my board supports overclocking settings to the full extent.

But only with my CPU all these settings are read-only. In manual it's clearly written - if you want fine tuning - use letter K. But you'll have to pay a shitload of money for these settings. I know, that I won't care too much about settings - in the end I'll come to "on-off" system.

If they would charge me no more than 1000 roubles for a K-liter, I'd take it. But for this one they want 2500, and the fan is another 1000p more. All this is not for me. I can switch it on occasionally, when I need it urgently. The fan, of course, buzzes at full blast, and the temperature goes over 90, but there's no trotting yet.

Well, if not to chase after overclocks and turbo boosts everything becomes much easier, and DeepCool Theta 16 quite cope with cooling, reserve is, temperature in optimization mode was 72 deg at maximum.

"K" stands for proceses with free multiplier, and turbo boost, it works on both models, K is for 4.5-5GHz region, there are selected stones there, they hold frequencies at lower voltage...it's for gamers

Fast451:

"K" is for free multiplier processors, and turbo boost is on both models, K is to get you around 4.7-5GHz, it's for gamers

Yes, that's right. But in my model - the turbo boost is only on or off.

And in BIOS - a mountain of settings, and about turbo-boost too. But I have them read-only. And for them to be available for editing - you need a proc "K".

you need to look in the bios where these settings are activated, or rather where the boost limits are set, in the power settings, i.e. like TDP and temp limits, they have their own formula, 100% would be the maximum, 90% would be what you need...

in auto mode of course they're reed-only

i'm not a fan of this tricky and greedy company so i can't say exactly where to look, thank god AMD Ryzen was able to release

Fast451:

you need to look in the bios where these settings are activated, or rather where the boost limits are set, in the power settings, i.e. like TDP and temp limits, they have their own formula, 100% would be the maximum, 90% would be what you need...

in auto mode of course they're reed-only

Yeah all those limits are there. Lots of settings.

And it's not auto, it's specific numbers.

But they're red-only, they're not activated. And as much as I've searched for where to turn them on - it doesn't turn them on.

But, overclockers.ru - found, that I am not one, all who have CPU without "K" - can not control turbo-boost, although these settings on the boards can be.

So what the hell with them. Anyway, I'm not a fan of "squeezing out every last drop". Without turbo-boost - everything works fine, and I have plenty of reserve on temperature.

By the way, the board probably has the function offset on the power supply, the standard voltage is too high to the CPU 200% did not glitch, you can minus 0.1V, the temperature will drop by 10 degrees, and then with a cooler and will be the cherished 75gr. and economical by 20 watts will be

Fast451:
By the way, there is probably a power offset on the board, standard voltage is boosted to make the process 200% right, you can cut off 0.1V, temp will go down about 10gr, then with normal cooler you get that 75gr and 20 Watts more eco-friendly

I took a look. I did.

Also reed-only !

:))))

Reason: