Ruble! Sanctions! What next for the Russian currency? - page 8

Renat Akhtyamov:

From the picture, no resistance has been formed yet.

If they dump the quid at a higher price, they will go down.

We need to watch the news - who of the majors decided to sell and how much, to read about their plans

I would like to know their plans. Maybe some of your colleagues know something? Share insider information, please

Vadim Zotov:

I would like to know their plans.

If you look at the history, the flat is followed by a jump of the average in the same direction and then only a reversal

That is also understandable.

But in this case you have to keep looking at the terminal

Wave patterns seem to be fulfilled this time. A bounce from the level of 71 occurred (1.6 Fibo from the first wave). Now we can expect a pullback to 65 by the end of October.

Further it is more difficult. The global trend is against the ruble and unless policy changes, there should be an uptrend (end of October - beginning of November).

Rolling back the rouble

The Central Bank has just decided not to change the interest rate and the rouble has started to strengthen rapidly.

It looks like it will get to 65 sooner.

Rouble 65

Lucky fix:

Vadim Zotov:

The Central Bank has just decided not to change the interest rate and the rouble has started to strengthen rapidly.

It looks like it will get to 65 sooner.

How can it be that it has decided not to change the interest rate if it has increased it by 0.25?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Lucky fix:

What is your stop level? I have a maximum of 200 pips on Si...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

How is it decided not to change if you have raised it by 0.25?

I didn't see it coming. My bad.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Lucky fix:

Why not on MetaTrader ?

Vadim Zotov:

I have not noticed. My bad.

And I decided to place stop orders, as there was a narrow Donchian channel and they should have rallied this time, because before that the MP in one of the programmes said that the Central Bank will raise the rate, while all analysts forecasted that the rate will not be raised.

Screenshots of MetaTrader trading platform

Si-9.18, M1, 2018.09.16

JSC ''Otkritie Broker'', MetaTrader 5, Real

Sell Stop entry at the moment of Central Bank interest rate decision

Si-9.18, M1, 2018.09.16, Otkritie Broker, MetaTrader 5, Real

Reason: