Optimise an EA and get the best of the optimised ones. - page 5

khorosh:

Do you trade with the help of an expert?

Nope...

I open a position in a direction that just seems interesting to me... with stops 100 pips each way (4-digit)... ...and I enjoy watching it happen.
Giving such a "toy" to a robot...?

I've said before that I make my profits from Vibrations in my trade statistics, by "playing" with position volumes. In my conditions, a robot is somehow useless to me

prikolnyjkent:

I open a position in a direction that just seems interesting to me... with stops of 100 pips each way (4-digits)... and I enjoy watching it happen.
Giving such a "toy" to a robot...?

Well, I don't get it... What's there to enjoy?

I haven't looked at the charts in over half a year. Eurodollar, pounddollar, yen-dollar - I still see them sometimes, but the rest of the symbols - I don't even know what's there... Let the robots do the looking, and I'll keep an eye on the robots.

By the way, FlatSP AUDCAD got a stop loss today and went out of the top ten favourites. It is getting very close to being out of the "league", its allowable drawdown has already reached 90%. The quality of trading has decreased to 50%.

George Merts:

Well, I don't understand that... What's there to be happy about?

Come on...

It's like curling, e.g. . You start your stone and see where it goes.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

You are wrong. For some reason, most people think that "I'm going to do one more thing now, and it will work". But it won't. It won't. Practice shows that it is practically impossible to improve simple working systems in any way.

There is one more property that lies not on the surface. If there is a portfolio of strategies trading by different, but simple algorithms, then the output will be a superposition taking into account all features of the current trade condition!

You haven't understood the basic idea...

Neither simple strategies nor a set of simple strategies work in forex. The reasoning is simple: for so many years and not to repeat a simple profitable strategy is simply not realistic.

So we need a different approach to strategy development, and it's not so simple ...

About "superpositions" in your interpretation - it's a fiction and nothing more than that... 50 bicycles will not overtake a good car, no matter how much you want it to...

prikolnyjkent:

Oh, come on.

It's like curling, for instance. You start your stone and see where it goes.

You just haven't had enough fun yet. In a while you'll get bored of sitting at the monitor and staring at the quotes. You need to automate. People have to create algorithms, and robots have to execute them.

khorosh:

Well, you just haven't got used to it yet, it will take some time and you'll get bored of sitting at the monitor and staring at quotes. You have to automate it. Humans should create algorithms and robots should execute them.

Everyone has his own game, some people like to trade with hands, some people like to create algorithms, and some people have entered the market just for the money. Those who came on the market because of the money would not understand the former nor the latter. Maybe this is creative work for them.

Maxim Romanov:

... Maybe it's creative for him.

Nah... it's more like knitting at Granny's...

Serqey Nikitin:

Neither simple strategies nor a set of simple strategies work in forex. The reasoning is simple: for so many years and not to repeat a simple profitable strategy is just not realistic.

So you need a different approach to strategy development, and that in itself is NOT SO simple...

About "superposition" in your interpretation - it's a fiction and nothing more... 50 bikes will not overtake a good car, no matter how much you want it...

I disagree.

Vaughn, I cited charts - clearly strategies that work NOW. Yes, they may be "out of the league" at any moment, but for now - they work.

Even this very TS on AUDCAD has 90% of allowable drawdown, but nevertheless it was fixed a year before. And even if the slippage exceeds 100% now the TS will still be slightly profitable in the sum.

And as for 50 cyclists, they won't catch up with a car, but they will carry more people than even the best-quality car, and only a bus can compete with them.

George Merts:

I disagree.

Vaughn, I've cited charts - clearly strategies that are working NOW. Yes, at any moment they may be "out of the league", but so far they are working.

Even this very TS on AUDCAD has 90% of allowable drawdown, but nevertheless it was fixed a year before. And even if the slippage exceeds 100% now the total sum of that TS will still be slightly profitable.

And about 50 cyclists - they won't catch up with a car, but they will carry more people, than even the most good quality car, and only a bus will be able to compete with them.

Yes, the methods may be different: some by numbers, some by skills. It does not matter what colour the cat is, as long as it catches mice).

George Merts:

I disagree.

Vaughn, I've cited charts - clearly strategies that are working NOW. Yes, at any moment they may be "out of the league", but so far they are working.

Even this very TS on AUDCAD has 90% of allowable drawdown, but nevertheless it was fixed a year before. Moreover, even if the slippage now exceeds 100%, the total sum of this TS will still be in a small profit.

As for 50 cyclists - they won't catch up with a car, but they will carry more people than even the best quality car, and only a bus can compete with them.

Yes, you're right! If it's crooked, unstable, but it works, it's enough for most traders, because statistically 95% of them are losing...

Every trader goes crazy in his own way!

Reason: