From theory to practice - page 519

Олег avtomat:

Well, that's what I assumed ;)))

1) polynomial regression is applicable for approximating fixed (not varying) data (polynomial order of 5 or less). The model can be used to interpolate intermediate values. But it is not applicable for extrapolation beyond the approximation interval.

2) polynomial regression is a very bad idea for approximating dynamic (changing) data.

It's a normal idea if you find a space in which they hardly change, e.g. by brutforcing, already discussed

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

It's a good idea to find a space where they don't change much, e.g. by bruteforcing, it's already been discussed

if you knew where to put those glasses...

Олег avtomat:

if you knew where to put those glasses...

why, you can put them anywhere you want, I'm just sharing.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Why, stick it wherever you want, I was just sharing.

You have once again demonstrated a lack of understanding of the matter.

For the umpteenth time, I'm telling you to get to the bottom of what approximation, interpolation, extrapolation and filtering mean. (if only so that you don't get your thumb in the sky in the future)

Олег avtomat:

You have once again demonstrated a lack of understanding.

For the umpteenth time, I'm telling you to get to the bottom of what approximation, interpolation, extrapolation and filtering mean. (if only so that you don't have to point your fingers in the sky in the future)

you're not imaginative or anything

at least watch the video first

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

You're not imaginative or anything.

at least watch the video first

i'm not fluent in english

Олег avtomat:

I'm not fluent in English.

They don't want to talk in Russian, these immigrants.

he's the Russian inventor of the reference vector method and nuclear tricks, now in America he continues to develop the subject

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

They don't want to talk in Russian, these immigrants.

the Russian inventor of the vector reference method and nuclear tricks is now in America

What am I supposed to do, take English classes for this?

Олег avtomat:

What am I supposed to do, take an English course for that?

You don't need other languages for mathematicians, you're good at it.)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

formulas to read, mathematicians don't need other languages, you're good at it )

formulas are not a mindless mass stampede. The important thing is the path that led to the result -- the formula.

What he came up with, I don't know. But I do know from practice what the scope of polynomial regression is. Our (still Soviet) textbooks on computing methods tell the same thing.

Reason: