From theory to practice - page 494

khorosh:

What I wrote above is the conclusion from my results. And it is enough to have a basic knowledge of algebra and geometry.

Well that's nothing more than a general phrase, I can say that I influence the weather, when I laugh, the sun shines and when I cry, it rains, but who would believe it?)

Novaja:
So constantly adjusting to a departing train, maybe look for a quasi-stationary parameter at least, to push off from something, dynamics will not help

Before you make such statements"dynamics won't help", do at least a rudimentary study of this direction, so that it is not so unsubstantiated.

It seems to me that dynamics scares you... or rather, you don't know how to approach it.

The main thing is to make sure the client doesn't bail before then - there are still so many ideas to test.

khorosh:

The idea of entering against price movement is inherently flawed and trying to make a profitable TS on that basis is a waste of time. You need to look for ideas on how best to join the direction of price movement. I assure you that such work will be more fruitful.

Quite right.

Novaja:
Well it's nothing more than general phrases, I can say that I influence the weather, when I laugh, the sun shines, and when I cry, it rains, only who would believe it?)
These are not general phrases. It is practice, which you seem to lack.

Олег avtomat:

Before you make such"dynamics won't help" statements, do at least some basic research into this area so it's not so unsubstantiated.

It seems to me that dynamics scares you... or rather, you don't know how to approach it.
Oh dibs on that)) Kidding, but seriously, I see it in Alexander's example, he originally had the dynamics, I first admired the modal charts of session trading, it seemed that only the Asian session was a bit blurry, but in fact, it did not help.

Alexander_K2:

It seems so. So, when working with sample volumes, you need to know exactly what the distribution is now with its moments. Oh, please - that's crazy... Increase the sample volume to infinity? :)))

We need new ideas like air... Preferably not related to concepts like "sample size" or "moving observation window"...

That's it, this branch is exhausted.

Bottom line: stupidly 0% profit in 5 months of trading. No joy, no sadness... Indifference.

Have you really given up?

Олег avtomat:

Absolutely right.

These are not general phrases. It's from practice, which you seem to lack.
There you go again with general phrases and in addition the accusation of being a non-copenhagen)) If you really want to help, point the way, may it thank you in the form of profits)))

Novaja:
Oh dibs on that)) I am kidding, but seriously, I see it on the example of Alexander, he originally had the dynamics, at first I admired modal charts of session trading, it seemed that only the Asian session had some blurring, but in fact it did not help.

Where was"the dynamic inherent in it"? Where did you see it?

Do by "dynamics" you mean a set of statistical moments of different orders?

Alexander_K2:

It seems so. So, when working with sample volumes, you need to know exactly what the distribution is now with its moments. Oh, please - that's crazy... Increase the sample volume to infinity? :)))

We need new ideas like air... Preferably not related to concepts like "sample size" or "moving observation window"...

This branch is finished.

Bottom line: stupidly 0% profit in 5 months of trading. No joy, no sadness... Indifference.

these questions can be connected to absolutely any strategy using price transformation, in order to see more clearly the current situation

and indeed, starting calculations from different starting points the picture will change dramatically

I also absolutely agree with the fact that this question is possible and should be solved

But! This is why one of the best methods is to drop the unsolvable problem from the general list of problems and look for an alternative

Олег avtomat:

Where was"the dynamic inherent in it"? Where did you see it?

Do by "dynamics" you mean a set of statistical moments of different orders of magnitude?

I probably use the word "dynamics" in a different context from you, I'll put it another way, his system "breathed", it wasn't a "statistical tree" -what I meant to say.