From theory to practice - page 1072

Renat Akhtyamov:

Noooooo.

I don't mean the hft.

the cotier's so dumb, you can trade once every three days.

;)

wow! once every three days?)

so you want to tell me that the prices on Metaquotes are lagging? what's your % of profitable trades?

Martin Cheguevara:

wow! every three days?)

So you're saying that Metaquotes prices are lagging behind...

at the moment: it doesn't matter if they are lagging or not

They just can't react that fast.

It's easy to eat someone's deposit in a heartbeat.

and it takes up to 2 weeks to get back to their harbor

;)

Martin Cheguevara:

then the question is - how did you get access to a sufficiently high-speed communication channel for hft trading?

Can anyone explain point by point how, in general, to get hooked up to such (hft) trading? i.e. do this and that, register this and that, read that and that.

Renat Akhtyamov:

They just can't react that fast.

It's easy to swallow someone's deposit in a heartbeat.

it'll take up to 2 weeks to get to your harbor...

;)

No way...

up to 2 weeks!... I don't believe it... your claims are so fantastic...

Aleksey Ivanov:

Can anyone explain point by point how, in general, to get involved in such trading? i.e. do this, do that, register there, read that, read that.

You can't. It's not about the deposit.) In short, it's very expensive. Usually firms with a lot of money and equipment do it.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

No way. It's not a deposit.) Anyway, it's very expensive. Usually firms with a lot of money and equipment do it.

That's a shame. Well, let's save up. :)

Martin Cheguevara:

Holy shit...

Up to two weeks!... I can't believe it... your claims are so fantastical...

I'm not a magician yet. I'm just learning.

I'll see what I can do to speed things up.

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

I'm not a magician yet. I'm just learning.

I will think how to speed up

;)

I don't know about you, but for me personally this strategy works: I just find the moment when about half of the traders have lost money and predict how the rate should go, so the second half would lose out and the first one would not make profit. That's all.

Aleksey Ivanov:

That's a shame. All right, we'll save some money. :)

Saving up for this doesn't make sense. HFT is a completely different trading technology. Read on the Internet.

And for us, imho, a second of delay does not make much difference. At least for me. And I don't understand people who need superfastness to work with normal trading technologies.

Aleksey Ivanov:

Can anyone explain point by point how, in general, to get involved in such (hft) trading? i.e. do this, register this, register that, read that, read that.

Fix api trading.

Thestrengths of Fix api are:

-the ability to transfer large amounts of data at high speed;

-a set of specific tools for the financial industry, including a standardised language;

-complete anonymity of operations for traders;

-no slippages and no interference with price series by brokers;

-possibility of using limit orders in trading and much more.

In order toimplement trading strategies such as Latency arbitrage and 2-leg arbitrage a trader needs to be simultaneously connected to a forex broker with access to theFix api and to forex broker with MT4-5 trading terminal. The use of different data rates forms the trading strategies using 2leg arbitrage or Latency arbitrage. (Latency arbitrage) arbitrage.

In orderto access the Fix. api, a trader has to choose a forex broker, that provides such service to its clients. You can connect to the protocol either through a broker's trading platform (for some participants of the financial market) or directly, using an application developed by the trader. Some robotics enthusiasts create free trading platforms with access to the protocol. Such platforms include, for example, StockSharp and QScalp. The latter is a complete trading drive for short-term and high-frequency exchange trading, with the ability to connect your own trading robot or build a robot using the platform's tools.

Reason: