From theory to practice - page 156

Are the EAs in the same terminal? Are they running on timer rather than ticks? I think simultaneous execution of the check is possible.

Nikolay Demko:

The problem is that by adding randomness where there was none before, we increase entropy rather than reduce it.

Totally in the hole. I used to read the branch diagonally...

bas:
Are the EAs in the same terminal? Are they running on timer rather than ticks? I think simultaneous execution of a check is possible.
Yes, it is. Here, I didn't expect such a catch.

What's the catch, please elaborate? Do you really want only one Expert Advisor out of four to be executed during a signal, "the one who gets there first"? But then why do you need four EAs?

bas:

What is the catch, please elaborate? Do you really want only one Expert Advisor out of four to be executed during a signal, "the one who gets there first"? But then why do you need four EAs?

In principle, yes. But the balance/lot calculation is based on 1 trade opened, and there are 4 of them. I need to revise my money management...

So you have a signal on several pairs at the same time, but only one trade is needed, on any pair? and the blocks sending the signals are not connected in any way to each other?

bas:

So you have a signal on several pairs at the same time, but only one trade is needed, on any pair? and the blocks sending the signals are in no way related to each other?

The blocks are linked - they send a signal at the same time. And MQL did everything right. It's just unexpected - I didn't think such a situation was possible at all.

If I understand the situation correctly, OrderSend() takes a relatively long time to execute, and all this time OrdersTotal() will still be 0.

Well, if blocks are linked, let them choose which one signal to send from the set. Or they may queue them up until one signal is executed, the next one will not be produced.

You can also create a variable instead of OrdersTotal() in GlobalVariables for synchronization of advisors.

bas:

If I understand the situation correctly, OrderSend() takes a relatively long time to execute, and all this time OrdersTotal() will still be 0.

Well, if blocks are linked, let them choose which one signal to send from the set. Or they may queue them up until one signal is executed, the next one will not be produced.

You can also create a variable instead of OrdersTotal() in GlobalVariables for synchronization of advisors.

Thank you!

Alexander_K2:

You took the flat section.

Take the trendy one.

Reason: