How and where to set up a hedge fund? - page 2

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, there are plenty of crooks in this field. But the last ones from the States were showing their developments, for some reason in Python, a pretty good site on machine learning.

They had been stomping around for a year, they had no money and were looking for an investor themselves, as I understand it. All in all, it all stalled in a sluggish way.

This is just one example.

There is a pond of this kind on the Internet.

By the way, they often drop links to the signals downloaded from this very site and discuss them on the side. I do not quite understand this behavior.

There are talented people there without any doubt. I've watched their signals. I hope that this topic will attract such people to this branch.

Know a lot, hope the branch will be interesting.

Look at bourgeois jobs for algotraders, there are a lot of them and "obscenely" high salaries.

It seems to be very well developed there.

forexman77:

Look at bourgeois jobs for algotraders, there are a lot of them and "obscenely" high salaries.

It seems to be very well developed there.

I'll have a look for interest.

Can I at least get a lead or a link in your inbox?

Renat Akhtyamov:

For the sake of interest, I'll have a look.

Can I at least get a clue or a link in a private message?

Google for Algorithmic Trading Job gave up links, expected salaries in London are between £45,000 and £85,000. In the USA software engineers have bigger salaries, but the taxes there are high. I don't know what they are in the UK.

Good afternoon.
why is a hedge fund better than a PAMM fund, according to my assumptions, and probably the main one:
1. the company itself sets the rate on client funds at the end of the reporting period, as a consequence it can earn much more than it gives away as interest on the deposit.
2. The income of the company is always positive, as all costs can be charged to the investments (income) of the client.
3. the profitability is determined by the results of the year, there is no cash flow as in the PAMM account.
4. trading can be done with almost all funds, except for some small reserve.

with respect.

Andrey Kisselyov:

Good afternoon.
i have no idea why a hedge fund is better than a PAMM. my guess is, and this is probably the main one:
1. the company itself sets the rate for client funds at the end of the reporting period, and as a consequence, it may earn more than it gives as interest on the deposit.
2. The company's income is always positive, as all costs can be charged to the investment (income) of the client.
3. the profitability is determined by the results of the year, there is no cash flow as in the PAMM account.
4. trading can be carried out with almost all funds, except for some small reserve.

Best regards.

Regarding point 2, I suggest you watch the movie "Liar, the Great and Powerful" by Robert De Niro. It was a hedge fund owner who covered his losses for 15 or 20 years at the expense of his clients. The clients were famous artists, billionaires, etc.

When everything collapsed in the crisis of 1998, he was asked during an interrogation: When was the last time you made a deal on the stock exchange?

- Probably 15 years ago.

He was given an unthinkable sentence and died in prison.

I don't agree with paragraph. I don't agree with paragraph 4 either.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Regarding point 2, I suggest you watch the movie "Liar, the Great and Powerful" by Robert De Niro. It was a hedge fund owner who covered his losses for 15 or 20 years at the expense of his clients. The clients were famous artists, billionaires, etc.

When everything collapsed in the crisis of 1998, he was asked during an interrogation: When was the last time you made a deal on the stock exchange?

- Probably 15 years ago.

He was given an unthinkable sentence and died in prison.

I don't agree with paragraph. I don't agree with paragraph 4 either.

I haven't seen the movie. Maybe I'll check it out at my leisure.
We're talking about a well-run hedge fund, not crooks.
As for point 4, it means working without leverage, do not confuse it with leverage, because you, with a large sum of money, it's unlikely anyone will give you leverage.

I would agree that the size of the trading capital compared to the entire capital of the company will depend on the manager himself.

Andrey Kisselyov:
I haven't seen the film, maybe I'll look at it at my leisure.
we are talking about a properly operating hedge fund, not fraudsters.
Point 4 means working without leverage, do not confuse it with leverage, because you, with a large sum of money, it is unlikely someone will give you leverage.

I would agree that the size of the trading capital compared to the entire capital of the company will depend on the manager himself.

Something I have read is that most hedge funds have almost no profits. Western people will eat it up, but here you have to show a profit at least higher than inflation, otherwise people will go to a bank like Sbera, where it is more reliable.

About 3-4 years ago I was told by an investor who had his own production company that I only had a profit of 25% a year. If a trader or HF is guaranteed to bring me the same amount, I will agree, as there are no worries.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Something I have read is that most hedge funds have almost no profits. Western people will eat it up, but here you have to show a profit at least higher than inflation, otherwise people will go to a bank like Sbera, where it is more reliable.

About 3-4 years ago I was told by an investor who had his own production company that I had a profit of only 25% a year. If a trader or HF is guaranteed to bring me the same amount, I will agree, as there are no worries.

You make a profit when you have a plan, a reliable team you trust, and you can control your weaknesses knowing they will not do you any good.
The concept of honour has been so corrupted in the last 100 years that the word honour and the word integrity are far away from each other, although they represent almost the same thing.

With respect.

P.S. production is a necessity from which there is no escape. people do not understand that if there is no production, there will be no people. the western way of life leads to utopia.

Renat Akhtyamov:
Share your thoughts, please.

The idea is to have a website with a .fund domain and call it a hedge fund name and post the results, photos, etc.

register an office on some islands (where many forex brokers are registered)

rent an office in a famous business centre to walk around in a suit and tie.

how to receive and pay out the money is a shamanism of accounting.

Reason: