Do books help you in trading? - page 9

Books are written and become useful through proper evaluation of investment processes, thechanalysis and practice (!!!!) of applying trading systems.Who has no time/willingness for practice and analysis, needs to read. I have experienced almost everything I apply in trading and then read about similar situations.

All books can be divided into several groups according to their importance:

1. Books of an advertising nature - forex enticements

Description of the basics of the market (including indicators, simple strategies...).

3. Profitable trading textbooks.

Mostly present books gr.1 ..., very few books on gr.2 ... and completely absent books on gr.3 ...

All in all - a competent advertising campaign to attract newcomers to this sector!

Serqey Nikitin:

All books can be divided into several groups according to their importance:

1. Books of an advertising nature - forex enticements

Description of the market fundamentals (incl. indicators, simple strategies...).

3. Profitable trading textbooks.

Mostly present books gr.1 ..., very few books on gr.2 ... and completely absent books on gr.3 ...

All in all - a competent advertising campaign to attract newcomers to this sector!

Point 3 is like a "time machine", the profitability of the trading system in the past does not guarantee future earnings.

Igor Makanu:

if you are not cheating yourself, it's like this:

if the drawdown on an order is significantly greater than the profit on the close of that order - this is overlapping

If an unprofitable order remains in the market for a longer time than the other orders in the TS, we are in overdoing it

if the principle "cut the losses but let profits grow" is broken quite the contrary - it is overexposure.

I have a question for everyone. Is it possible to add such an item to this list?

If in the event of a drawdown, not closing an order with a small loss on the pullback of a strong wave that was against you. And instead wait for an unlikely profit - is this also over-simulation?

Maksim Levashov:

point 3 is like a "time machine", past profitability of a trading system does not guarantee future profits.

Complex problems have one indisputable property - over time they are bound to be solved..., and as a rule several different solutions are found...

And in our case, statistics says that there are already 3...5% of successful traders who solved this complicated problem ( stable profitable trading )...

Трейдер - советы трейдерам, видеоуроки форекс - Блоги трейдеров и аналитика финансовых рынков
Трейдер - советы трейдерам, видеоуроки форекс - Блоги трейдеров и аналитика финансовых рынков
  • www.mql5.com
Трейдер — человек, которые торгует и стремится извлечь прибыль из процесса торговли. Чаще всего трейдеры торгуют ценными бумагами (акциями, облигациями, фьючерсами, опционами) на фондовой бирже, также

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I have a question for everyone. Would it be possible to add such an item to this list as well:

If in case of a drawdown, do not close an order with a small loss on a pullback of a strong wave that was against you. And instead wait for an unlikely profit - then is that also over-surfacing?

yes it's overshooting, that's exactly the point (in convincing yourself) )))

If you know it's a future wave, pullback, etc. - why didn't you close a small loss and enter the market at a better price after the pullback...? If you know the future, then why did you enter the market earlier and take a small loss? ))))

SZS: stoploss is a cure for all these misunderstandings, read M.Guenther, the chapter on risk - the essence, always be prepared to lose

Igor Makanu:

The point is, always be prepared to lose

Yes, Igor, it's hard to accept loss. I wish I knew the future, all I need is half an hour in advance, that would be a lot of fun

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I have a question for everyone. Would it be possible to add such an item to this list as well:

If in the case of a drawdown, not to close the order with a small loss on the pullback of the strong wave, which was against you. And instead wait for an unlikely profit - is this also over-simulation?

Overshooting, but only if you have objective numerical methods for estimating the "strength" of the wave and the probability of profit. Not ex post facto estimates, but real time estimates.

Do you have any such?

Дмитрий:

Are there any of these?

Greetings, Dimitri!

Honestly, there are some developments. First I will give you a successful example. Well, how lucky, the loss of course. I went against the grain the day before yesterday and entered the market today on the pullback:

And a less successful example, after the pullback I had a chance to stop the loss. But it was too late:

These are all real examples online. Signs to the exit: the pullback is sluggish, insignificant, although it lasted more than a day, while updating the low. There are also nuances, levels for example whether the price has caught them or not. The method is statistically verified.

In the second case the pullback was stronger, I missed a bit. But I am free and would rather look for another entry point.

If you know any other subtleties or considerations, I would be glad to hear them.

Overexposure is when the current drawdown on an order exceeds the average profit of the trades on the asset in pips.
Reason: