Do books help you in trading? - page 4

Aleksei Stepanenko:

There is some problem of mental clarity. I won't say that you shouldn't read at all, but the baggage of other people's knowledge at the beginning of the study directs the course of thought in a certain direction. Later, when a lot of work has been done in that direction, it is very hard to abandon beliefs that are already close to one another like that. Although it is possible that the direction was chosen wrong at the beginning. There is a contradiction here.

I observe the way people communicate on the forum. As a rule, seldom change their viewpoints, and almost everyone broadcasts their own particular view of the market, which probably was formed at the beginning of the path under the influence of certain information sources.

I'll try to make a simple conclusion: the best teachers are price and time, in both senses.

And without the Moving average.

I wonder why the Moving average causes such unbridled laughter?

Олег avtomat:

I wonder why Moving average elicits such unbridled laughter?

Oleg, it's a really funny snake that dangles the price wherever it wants to go.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Oleg, it really is a funny snake that dangles the price wherever it wants to go.

No, it isn't. It looks like a funny snake if you don't know it's a low-pass filter.

And books will help you find that out.

zy

(although, of course, a caveat should be made that a book is not the same as a book)

Олег avtomat:

No, it isn't.

I think you are right in your line of thinking, which, like me, is shaped by some set of knowledge. The main thing is for the price to pay attention to you and me

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I think you are right in your line of thinking, which, like me, is shaped by a certain set of knowledge. The main thing is for the price to pay attention to you and me

The price won't pay attention to us. The filter, on the other hand, will only pay attention to price.

Олег avtomat:

The price will not pay attention to us. The filter, on the other hand, pays attention exclusively to price.

Yes, I understand you. Everyone can have a different view of the nature of the market. Do you see low frequencies on the price chart?

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Yes, I understand you. Everyone may have a different idea of the nature of the market. Do you see low frequencies on the price chart? I don't mind.

There are both low frequencies and high frequencies in the price chart. A set of filters allows them to be identified.

And the sarcasm is completely out of place here.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

There is some problem of mental clarity. I won't say that you shouldn't read at all, but the baggage of other people's knowledge at the beginning of learning directs the course of thought in a certain direction. Later, when a lot of work has been done in that direction, it is very hard to abandon beliefs that are already close to one another like that. Although it is possible that the direction was chosen wrong at the beginning. There is a contradiction here.

I observe the way people communicate on the forum. As a rule, seldom change their viewpoints, and almost everyone broadcasts their own particular view of the market, which probably was formed at the beginning of the path under the influence of certain information sources.

I will try to draw a simple conclusion: the best teachers are price and time, in both senses.

A very good point. Few people can learn anything. Few can learn from mistakes and retrain.

Oleg avtomat:

The price chart has both low frequencies and high frequencies. A set of filters allows you to identify them.

Let me disagree - not on the chart - butin the model you built to analyse the chart.

Олег avtomat:

There are both low frequencies and high frequencies in the price chart. A set of filters allows them to be identified.

And sarcasm is completely out of place here.

Oleg, I'm very friendly to you, I really am. Maybe I said it wrong, sorry. I don't like to tease.

I understand what you're saying, I know what frequencies and filters are, I just don't see their application here. I assume you have a different perspective on it, and get it "cooked" somehow. If you're interested in telling me about it, now or later, I'd love to hear from you.

I don't like the average because of its lag. I prefer it to minima and maxima. If an extremum is exceeded, it is visible instantly, not after some time. I did not decompose price movement into its frequency components. I simply do not see any possibility of profit there. That is why I do not take the average one seriously. That's the way it is.

Aleksey Mavrin:

I beg to differ - it is not on the chart - it is in the model you built to analyse the chart.

It's not an off-the-shelf model, it's based on actual data.

Run the price through a spectrum analyser. And you will immediately see the presence of different frequencies - low, medium and high.

Reason: