Registration for the Real Accounts (Cents) Championship July 2017 . - page 16

Server Muradasilov:

No, 1:100 for all

The thing is that many brokerage companies start with 1:200 (and they don't have 1:100 leverage, it is just absent)

The vast majority of brokerage companies that have such accounts have 1:200 leverage on cent accounts.

That's why it makes sense to set a leverage of 1:200 for all

Олег avtomat:

hmmm... Isn't one look at the Sharpe formula enough for you to see all of the above? An "optimizer" should be able to see it without saying too much... or is it?

Want some examples? Sure. Lots of them.

Especially for this I will open a separate branch, where I will demonstrate the behaviour and absurd results of Sharpe ratio using a large number of examples, but again, one must understand the purposes for which it is intended.
(I'll do it over the weekend)

In the meantime, give an answer to the question:Whatdoes the Sharpe ratio measure?

The Sharpe Ratio is used to determine how well the return on an asset compensates for the risk taken by the investor. When comparing two assets with the same expected return, the investment in the asset with the higher Sharpe Ratio will be less risky.

In other words, the "flatter" the trade, the higher the Sharpe Ratio. The greater the variation in returns, the lower the Sharpe Ratio.

But you already know all this. Why are you being clever? - Just say, so-and-so, my system is a lousy way to gain points according to the competition formula, so what the hell...

For the inattentive readers let me explain - the formula involves three indicators, balance, drawdown and Sharp. Importance coefficients are 1.5, 1.0, 0.5 correspondingly. It means that balance has the largest weight and is determinant of the index. On the second place, the drawdown is very important and it greatly affects the result, while the sharpening has almost no effect on the results. For example, if a participant manages to gain one hundred millions and loses his/her deposit up to immeasurable amounts, his/her score will be very low comparing to those who have increased their deposit insignificantly but kept the drawdown low and besides, the actual sharpness will play very low role in both cases and can even be equal in both examples.

But we do understand what's really causing your discontent, in fact Sharpe is not what you really wanted to "poke around" at. But alas, that's what the second nomination is for - to take into account the effectiveness of account management, and it's not just balance growth (as you usually demonstrated before), but the maximum drawdown, which was made during the entire trade.

As for leverage, it doesn't matter what kind of leverage a participant has, whoever wants to do so in their trading. In any case, everything will be reflected in the trading results for the first and second nomination. Is 100 too small for someone who is unable to make averaging more often? - You may do it yourself, leverage may be 10 000 (if you find such a kitchen), you will withdraw quicker.

Oleg Tsarkov:

me write mt5

I still don't get it, what's on the shoulder?

500?

Is the account currency dollar?

Oleg, got you on the list.

WARNING

https://view.new10.top/en/contest/2 May

https://view.new10.top/en/contest/3 July

Championship Participants /Participants TerminalMonitoring of participants
Note
1Server MuradasilovMetaTrader 5
Head of the competition / chief
2Yuriy ZaytsevMetaTrader 5Organizer
3Vitaly MuzichenkoMetaTrader 5
Maintenance
4Vladislav AndruschenkoMetaTrader 5
5Sergey GritsayMetaTrader 4
6Rafael SahibgareevMetaTrader 5
7Yousufkhodja SultonovMetaTrader 4
8Andrey SharovMetaTrader 5
9Uladzimir Kirychenka
MetaTrader 4
10Vladimir GorbachevMetaTrader 4
11Serhii ShevchukMetaTrader 5
12Elena KukharetsMetaTrader 4
13Roman Shiredchenko
MetaTrader4
14Uladzimir Izerski
MetaTrader4
15Dmitry ChepikMetaTrader4
16Kirill AndreevMetaTrader 4
17Oleg Tsarkov
MetaTrader5
Contest №2 Demo-account MetaQuotes: 01.05.2017 — 02.06.2017
Contest №2 Demo-account MetaQuotes: 01.05.2017 — 02.06.2017
  • view.new10.top
verified users only can participate in the contest Automated trading and manual trading are allowed for both or No limit for lot size (no max limit, no minimum limit) Contest Completion: 02.06.2017 The prize fund of $200 is divided between two nominations: The winner is estimated after the market close on the following: Depending on attained...

Олег avtomat:

The thing is that many brokerage companies start with 1:200 (and they don't have 1:100 leverage, it is just absent)

The vast majority of brokerage companies that have such accounts have 1:200 leverage on cent accounts.

That's why it is reasonable to set 1:200 leverage for all

I don't know any brokerage company where the leverage starts from 1:200))

I personally do not pay attention to the leverage, I just look at the price per point.

With any leverage of 100, 300, 500, 1000 the price per point does not change.

You make an entry - and then you see how much you're willing to lose - and therefore you don't care about the leverage.

Andrey Dik:

The Sharpe Ratio is used to determine how well the return on an asset compensates for the risk taken by the investor. When comparing two assets with the same expected return, an investment in an asset with a higher Sharpe Ratio will be less risky.

In other words, the "flatter" the trade, the higher the Sharpe Ratio. The greater the variation in returns, the lower the Sharpe Ratio.

But you already know all this. Why are you being clever? - Just say, so-and-so, my system is a lousy way to gain points according to the competition formula, so what the hell...

For the inattentive readers let me explain - the formula involves three indicators, balance, drawdown and Sharp. Importance coefficients are 1.5, 1.0, 0.5 correspondingly. It means that balance has the largest weight and determines the index. On the second place, the drawdown is very important and it greatly affects the result, while the sharpening has almost no effect on the results. For example, if a participant manages to make a hundred million and loses his/her deposit up to it, he/she will have very low score comparing to those who have slightly increased their deposit and kept drawdowns low, while Sharp will play very low role in both cases and can even be equal in both examples.

But we understand what's really causing your dissatisfaction, in fact, Sharp is not what you really wanted to "poke fun at". But alas, that's what the second nomination is for - to take into account efficiency of account management, and it's not just balance growth (as you usually demonstrated before), but maximum drawdown, which was made during the whole trade.

"and sharpe has practically no effect on the results" --- why would you even put it there in the first place?

But you seem to be unfamiliar with statistics, and its application is unknown to you --- I pointed out the difficulties, but you chose not to notice.

"But we understand"-- that's bullshit.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I personally just don't care about the leverage, I have to look at the price for one pip.

any leverage of 100, 300, 500, 1000 does not change the price per point.

You make an entry - and then you see how much you're willing to lose - and you don't care about the leverage.

For me it makes no difference.

A leverage of 1:1000 is quite acceptable.

But you have to be consistent.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I personally do not pay attention to the leverage, I just look at the price per point.

With any leverage of 100, 300, 500, 1000 the price per point does not change.

You make an entry - and then you see how much you're willing to lose - and therefore you don't care about the leverage.

But what about a level playing field for all participants. Why do brokers use leverage at all?

Yuriy Zaytsev:

As for me, I just do not pay attention to the leverage, I have to look at the price for one pip.

at any leverage of 100, 300, 500, 1000 the price per point does not change.

That's right, the pip price is the same with any leverage.

But the higher leverage is advocated by who? - That's right, those who like to use a stop out instead of SL. For them, the higher the leverage - the greater the chance to stay afloat in a month of competition. If you are using a competition account (and sometimes with free deposits) - it is the best way not to worry about anything and have a chance to win the prize - the money is not your own!)

You should look at the signalers, who among the top averaging signalers uses accounts with no cents? - No one is stupid, no one wants to risk their own money, and subscriber's money is another matter. The monthly payoff is good enough.

Reason: