Programmers!!! - page 5

George Merts:

I myself suffer from a tendency to 'spell out the chart', but as I see it - I could well and truly open the terminal just a couple of times a day.

I would trade on daily charts and I wouldn't have to stare at the monitor all day, but to find a more accurate entry point I could combine daily and intraday charts, but then I would have to stare at the monitor all day. That may be why many people dream about a grail in the form of an Expert Advisor :)

Vitalii Ananev:

You may trade on daily charts, but then you won't have to stare at the monitor all day. Maybe, this is the reason why many people dream about a grail in the form of an Expert Advisor :)
I trade on H4, the main indicator has a period of 200, my trades usually last for a week, but I still tend to "spell" the chart, I want to look at the ticks all the time and it is hard to look away.

George Merts:
I trade on H4, the main indicator has a period of 200, trades usually last for weeks, but I still tend to "spell the chart", all the time I want to look at the ticks and it's hard to tear myself away.

I see, you trade from 200.

Vitalii Ananev:

I see, you are trading at 200.

Not really:

It's just that a period of 200 is a fairly stable value for 'fading' price movements. For both MAHs and other techniques.

График EURUSD, H4, 2017.04.12 06:34 UTC, Alpari International Limited, MetaTrader 4, Real
График EURUSD, H4, 2017.04.12 06:34 UTC, Alpari International Limited, MetaTrader 4, Real
  • www.mql5.com
Символ: EURUSD. Период графика: H4. Брокер: Alpari International Limited. Торговая платформа: MetaTrader 4. Режим торговли: Real. Дата: 2017.04.12 06:34 UTC.

It's a channel of some kind, it looks like a bollinger.

I have the 200 mash on all charts, even intraday charts.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You mean x14 or x28.

Your reasoning from the fact that you can be a great coder and write good articles, as you do, but fail to develop profitable experts.

Because some people do not understand invisible phenomena and keep repeating the same thing. That's how Darwin did it in his time. And then belatedly realized his mistake.

You will realise it too, but not now.

I also used to write programs in Basic. I studied it from magazines, wrote programs in a notebook, and then at school I transferred the programs from the notebook to an IBM 286 computer, which was the beginning of my acquaintance with computer technology.

IBM 286

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Your reasoning is that you can be a great coder and write good articles, as you do, but fail to develop profitable Expert Advisors.

Because some people do not understand invisible phenomena and keep repeating the same thing. That's how Darwin did it in his time. And then belatedly realized his mistake.

You will realise it too, but not now.

Expert Advisor profitability is determined by the profitability of TS, but not by the programmer's skill.

Darwin, on the other hand, was quite right, and somehow I am not aware of his "mistakes". What was he wrong about, what contradictions with reality in his teachings?

Vitalii Ananev:

It's a channel of some kind, like a bollinger.

It is a self-written indicator, I think there are many variations on this theme. First, a polynomial approximation of the axis is built using the ANC method, then extreme deviations are identified (the indicator shows them by points), and on these deviations, again, a polynomial approximation of the bounds is built using ANC. In this case, the axis is cubic, the bounds are linear (relative to the axis)

Andrey:

Gentlemen programmers please advise. What programming language should beginners choose for learning .

The most accessible and understandable... With the ability to download the program for learning to write with the output of this program on the screen the result ...

If possible, please provide links to the information where to get what ...

Thanks to all who will answer!

To do programming, you first have to havea mathematical mindset.

I do not care about education, school mathematics is enough. Especially for Forex programmes.

You do not need to know about OOP, classes, and pointers to write good MQL5 programs. They are for those who work in teams and develop software complexes.

First of all you need to find the one, who will give you thefirst push. After that, everything will go by inertia.

Reason: