Programmers!!! - page 3

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I had a Master

48 kb of RAM--there's smoke)-and it was enough. From Basic, I remember RUN and CIRCLE.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I had a Master

I also remember a case when my tape recorder jammed a cassette with my newly programmed and recorded games on that cassette. But for that case I had a backup tape )) So the habit of making backups since childhood.

I started my knowledge of computers with "Quorum" (the zx spectrum operating system). The strange thing is that in the USSR, computers were sold in sports shops (there was no such thing as a computer shop). I got a "Quorum" and I loaded it from a tape recorder and was able to adjust the head so that it would load without errors. I've heard many times how the game joysticks break, but once I've been able to see them for myself. We were playing karate, as I remember it now. And there to win had to always jump (joystick up). So a friend was so forgotten that jumping all the time stupidly broke the stick control, just then he was shocked. That's what the graphics of those days did to people, 256x256. And now, ....., it's even worse!!!!

And yes, I used to write programs in Basic, every line had a number, I had to number every 10 lines, and when I had to insert code in the middle of the program, it was usually inserted between the lines. One of the first conditions for BASIC programming :-)

Mihail Marchukajtes:

I started my knowledge of computers with "Quorum" (the zx spectrum operating system). The strange thing is that in the USSR, computers were sold in sports shops (there was no such thing as a computer shop). I got a "Quorum" and I loaded it from a tape recorder and was able to adjust the head so that it would load without errors. I've heard many times how the game joysticks break, but once I've been able to see them for myself. We were playing karate, as I remember it now. And there to win had to always jump (joystick up). So a friend was so forgotten that jumping all the time stupidly broke the stick control, just then he was shocked. That's what the graphics of those days did to people, 256x256. And now....., it's even more so!!!!

And yes, I used to write programs in Basic, every line had a number, I had to number every 10 lines, and when I had to insert code in the middle of the program, it was usually inserted between the lines. One of the first conditions for BASIC programming :-)

"That's how I learned to turn the head of a phonograph. By the way, this skill was also useful for music cassettes ))

And my joystick was wrapped with blue duct tape more than once ))

Oh, yeah, yeah, all the wunderkinds are here.

First you have to know how to trade, and then how to program. There's nothing to learn, and there's no need to be afraid, Raz and all!

Even cobblers know how to program.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Oh, yeah, yeah, all the wunderkinds are here.

First you have to know how to trade, and then how to program. There's nothing to learn, and there's no need to be afraid, Ras is all.

Even cobblers know how to program.

And then a man came along who didn't own a ZX Spectrum )).

So he had to know how to trade, not how to program ))

Sergey Basov:

And then along came a man who did not own a ZX Spectrum )).

So he had to know how to trade, not how to program ))

If I'm not mistaken in those years (~1987) I had a "Crystal", connected to the TV through the antenna socket. I made a game called "Underwater Battles" in Basics.

And before that, even before our era, in the 3rd year he was working on Minsk-32 computer, with Perfolk and Algol 68.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Even shoemakers know how to program.

but not all programmers know how to repair shoes)

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

If I'm not mistaken in those years (~1987) I had a "Crystal", connected to the TV through the antenna socket. I made an Underwater Battles game in BASIC.

And before that, even before our era, in my 3rd year I worked on a Minsk-32 computer, with a perforated tape and an Algol 68.

YERNIIMM. I remember the statue of "Mother Cybernetics" in the courtyard of the institute :(

Also, when we were already at university, we were programming UMK, who knows.... We were writing in machine code, our brains were boiling over. The labs were very complicated. We had to rewrite all programs until we managed to find a working version. It is frightening to remember :-)
Reason: