Programmers!!! - page 7

Alexander Antoshkin:

and instead of explaining the consequences of this craft, you gloss over everything in a rosy colour

It's not a consequence of the craft, it's the hand that grows out of the ***.
And there is a risk of overstaffing in any profession, but that does not mean that professionals will not be valued.

My first ever iron ..... Back then, they taught Basic and Turbo Pascal at school ..... I was an honours student.....

Комбинатор:

Err, you see the thing is ) almost any (>99%) programmer could very well learn to make movies, grow wheat and make machinery. But not the other way around.

Is that probably why you dislike us so much? Because we can do things you can't understand?

There are all sorts of things. What if a man grew wheat and buried his programming talent in the ground. And just didn't identify what he was more capable of when he was young. Gorbachev ploughed the earth in his youth, and then graduated the philosophy faculty and became a politician, though not a very successful one. God works in mysterious ways).

Andrey Khatimlianskii:
It's not a consequence of the craft, it's hands growing out of ***.
And there is a risk of overstaffing in any profession, but that does not mean that professionals will not be valued.

Yes, I have worked in many places during my life and I have been convinced that real professionals are very few in any team. And sometimes even less.
Reason: