[Archive! - page 125

Silent:

This can only be neglected within certain limits. Diodes from a transformer TV set will not work in a pulsed PSU.

I haven't dealt with power diodes for a long time, but you can't neglect them there. And here's another thing.

It's not just the current but the high-frequency electromagnetic field that's at work here. These are different things.

The second example from Dima and point 2 in Victor's link are essentially the same. Only the plate is now called an antenna. And essentially the HF transmitter works "directly" with the HF receiver

Do you agree?

Now let's go back to the TV story. If I'm not mistaken, there was 15 kilowatts transmitted.

Given that the characters in the TV report did not go bald during the filming, we can conclude that this is a completely different way of transmitting energy.

DDFedor:

It's all plain and old and irrelevant to the TV show

By the way, if you attach pieces of wire to an inert gas lamp there, the "grip" distance will increase

>

Where's Rustam? His topic.

Mischek:

The second example from Dima and point 2 in Victor's link are essentially the same. Only the plate is now called an antenna. And in essence the HF transmitter works "directly" with the HF receiver

Don't you agree?

Now back to the TV story. If I am not mistaken, there was 15kW transmitted.

Considering that the heroes of the TV report did not go bald in the process of filming, we can conclude that it is a completely different way of transmitting energy.

When starting up the plant at the beginning of the story, you can hear and see from the lights that it is a "long" start. It looks like an oscillator rocking, or a reverse converter saturating.

From the transmission:

25kW - with 380 v rectified, then alternator, Tesla coil - line - receiving Tesla coil.

The wire is not ohmic resistance - works like a waveguide.

And then: one wire goes to the receiving converter, rectified and converted to 380 v (apparently after the coil).

But: no mention of frequency, no mention of RF voltage in the line. And the 25kW themselves... well 25 kilowatt bulbs on 220, so what? that doesn't tell me anything. It's not fatal, you just don't touch it with your hands.

The main thing, I repeat - the efficiency of this installation is not clear.

Yes, 18000-25000 v is the voltage on the kinescope of the TV. You can light it, it won't kill you, but it's better not to touch other parts of TV at this moment :)

Before the experts show up, I'm going to fluff up a bit.

- diode has capacitance, because of this, power low-frequency diodes are not used in high-frequency circuits

- a varicap uses this specially amplified property of a diode to work as a variable capacitor. voltage controlled

- High-frequency energy has been transmitted over a distance without any wires since Tesla's time. or with a unipolar wire. The only issue is that the energy dissipates, the greater the distance, so the practical application is limited and the efficiency is low and distance dependent

- Yes they focus but not effectively enough. Until they come up with something radically new, it will remain as experiments for PE circles and non-contact electric razor chargers

- and 25 kilowatts is serious, they don't really transmit it for more than a few meters. In the focus of a close power radar antenna the birds fall down when the transmitter is switched on, I've seen it myself

I'm silently amused by you, fellow electricians....

Keep it up!

granit77:
Before the experts show up, I'll fluff up a little.

- The diode has capacitance, that's why low-frequency power diodes are not used in high-frequency circuits.

- a varicap uses this specially amplified property of a diode to work as a variable capacitor. voltage controlled

- High-frequency energy has been transmitted over a distance without any wires since Tesla's time. or with a unipolar wire. The only issue is that the energy dissipates, the greater the distance, so the practical application is limited and the efficiency is low and distance dependent

- Yes they focus but not effectively enough. Until they come up with something radically new, it will remain as experiments for PE circles and non-contact electric razor chargers

- and 25 kilowatts is serious, they're not really transmitting more than a few meters. In the focus of a close power radar antenna the birds fall over when the transmitter is switched on, I've seen it myself

That's what I'm saying - they're fooling us from the TV screens. Hocus-pocus. And all this at a time when the shameless militaristic Western military is bombing the freedom-loving people of Libya.

And petrol . Have you noticed how the price of petrol has gone up . How long are we progressive human beings going to tolerate this capitalist bacchanalia .

Oh, what am I doing?

Where's Rustam?

joo:

Keep it up!

It's just us coachers, the guys with the soldering irons are coming, they'll rock!

joo:

Keep it up!

Where the hell are you? We're in the middle of a transfer here. And you're skipping out.

granit77:
It's just us coachers, the guys with soldering irons will be here soon, and they'll light it up!

If that's my arse you're alluding to, I take it back, I mean back. I don't need these soldering iron experiments.

So they're transmitting power and let them do it.

Reason: