Init() and DeInit() execution sequence - page 16

Slawa:

That's right.

But with one detail in mind. Indicators display their information using indicator buffers that correspond to chart timeseries. Working with objects, with the chart properties is not the business of the indicator. It is up to the chart to ask the indicator for its buffers.

An indicator should not be a dashboard

So, I did it right when I performed all calculations in Expert Advisor (panel) and indicators are called by this EA for data visualization only. That's why I've never had problems, like some participants of this thread.

Thanks for the clarification.

Slawa:

That's right.

But with one detail in mind. Indicators display their information using indicator buffers that correspond to chart timeseries. Working with objects, with the chart properties is not the business of the indicator. It is up to the chart to ask the indicator for its buffers.

An indicator should not be a control panel

It's not logical.

An indicator can be anything, even a dashboard, because it carries information to make trading decisions. The panel is an indicator, it is not created for something that hangs on the chart and creates the "I am a super-trader" look. The panel is again the information without which in some cases it is difficult to trade.

Suppose, although it is true, I have a robot on 20 charts, enters the market a couple of times a week, while I trade manually and manual operations should not be linked to the bot, it's all separate. I have made one EA that works on 21 open charts, and on the other 20 charts there is a dashboard which has everything I need to make trading decisions, open and close trades, place stops and profits.

Did I violate Metatrader? I had to write a robot, not an indicator for manual trading, and therefore I have to open 20 more windows in Metatrader to install the Expert Advisor?

P.S. Not everyone trades only one euro/dollar, and only one open chart in Metatrader.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It's not logical.

The indicator can be anything, even a control panel, because it carries the information for making trading decisions. The panel, that is the indicator, its

No.

Read again what the indicators are. Akelis. Colby. Ask Yandex what market indicators are.

In MT3 when we introduced the concept of custom indicators we allowed to operate with objects on charts because there were only 2 indicator buffers.

Let's make a little history. At first there was FXCharts, I didn't catch it as I joined the company only in October 2002. Then there was MetaTrader. I joined the company to develop MQL II (FXCharts already had a trading strategies language). When we did MQL II and EAs, we changed the name to MetaTrader 2. When we allowed to write custom indicators, MetaTrader 3 became MetaTrader 3.

Then came MetaTrader 4 and MQL4. Custom indicators got the opportunity to operate with 8 indicator buffers. The possibility of working with objects on the chart was retained. But since the indicators were calculated in the interface thread, few people abused the work with the objects.

And here is the MT5. The architecture is totally different, but we are hostages of MT4 in terms of charting possibilities on the chart. Yes we are stakhanovites, we also, as heroes, have added almost unlimited possibilities of chart management from indicators. We have arrived. The illustration - 16 pages of discussions about nothing.

Let's move on to services

Slawa:

No.

Read again what the indicators are. Akelis. Colby. Ask Yandex what market indicators are.

In MT3 when we introduced the concept of custom indicators we allowed to operate with objects on charts because there were only 2 indicator buffers.

Let's make a little history. At first there was FXCharts, I didn't catch it as I joined the company only in October 2002. Then there was MetaTrader. I joined the company to develop MQL II (FXCharts already had a trading strategies language). When we did MQL II and EAs, we changed the name to MetaTrader 2. When we allowed to write custom indicators, MetaTrader 3 became MetaTrader 3.

Then came MetaTrader 4 and MQL4. Custom indicators got the opportunity to operate with 8 indicator buffers. The possibility of working with objects on the chart was retained. But because the indicators were calculated in the interface flow, few people abused the work with the objects.

And here is MT5. The architecture is totally different, but we are hostages of MT4 in terms of possibilities to operate graphical objects on a chart. Yes, we are stakhanovites, we also, as heroes, added almost unlimited possibilities of chart management from indicators. We have arrived. The illustration - 16 pages of discussions about nothing.

Let's move on to services

That possibilities of MT are practically unlimited - I agree! To cut off the possibility to work with objects on the chart - is impossible).

There's a good point in the discussion, I've encountered it myself and thought it was a bug in my code, it turns out it's not, it's just such a feature of MT, and I've already fixed it.

More on that last point please.

Thank you!

Slawa:

I have the impression that all the current arguments stem from the fact that more than one expert cannot be attached to a chart. That's why people write indicators with functions that are not typical of indicators.

Yes, this is the real reason of such threads.

Slawa:

This is the reason for the paradigm "as many Expert Advisors in one chart as you want".

If that was the case this thread would never have appeared.

Slawa:

We will switch to services

That seems to be the best solution. But the multi-expertise of each chart you have in mind wouldn't be out of place either.

The experts are now tied to the charts for some reason. And on what basis, other than tradition from the history of MT creation?

The Expert Advisor has only OnTick, which has nothing to do with the charts. So it is logical to untie EAs from the charts altogether.

Now in order to get an empty window we need to open the chart window and then fade the chart in it (bars + scales). But it is a crutch. Why can't you just create a window. And if so, why not add a chart to it?

Apparently, the historical baggage of previous MTs is the reason.

I would like to have a full access to the Order functions in Services (and not prohibited, like in indicators), plus OnMultiTick and OnCustomTick. If we don't have Multitick, we will go on dancing with tambourines when creating a multisymbol EA.

In short, it's time to get rid of all the old crutches and create smart Services features.

fxsaber:

The experts are now tied to the charts for some reason. And on what basis, other than tradition from the history of the creation of MT?

The Expert Advisor has only OnTick, which has nothing to do with the charts. So it is logical to untie EAs from the charts altogether.

Now in order to get an empty window we need to open the chart window and then fade the chart (bars + bars). But it is a crutch. Why can't you just create a window. And if so, why not add a chart to it?

I would like to have a full access to the Order functions in Services (and not prohibited, like in indicators), plus OnMultiTick and OnCustomTick. If we don't have Multitick, we will go on dancing with tambourines when creating a multisymbol EA.

In short, it's time to get rid of all the old crutches and create smart Services features.

My understanding is that Services are market data providers, they won't have any trading functions or ability to manage objects. This makes sense to me. All four types of programmes have their own purpose and purpose.

Andrey Dik:
My understanding is that services are market data providers, they will have neither trading functions nor the ability to manage objects. This makes sense to me. All four types of software have their own meaning and purpose.

The services will, among other things, have trading functions and the ability to manage objects. And charts.

Market data provider is only one of the possibilities.

fxsaber:

The experts are now tied to the charts for some reason. And on what basis, other than tradition from the history of MT creation?

Now in order to get an empty window we need to open the chart window and then fade the chart (bars + bars). But it is a crutch. Why can't you just create a window. And if so, why not add a chart to it?

The Services will have OnTick(string symbol). But the ticks from a particular symbol will have to be subscribed to

Slawa:

It turns out that Services will have almost all On-functions: OnInit, OnDeinit, OnTick(string),OnTimer,OnTrade,OnTradeTransaction, OnTester, OnTesterInit, OnTesterPass, OnTesterDeinit, OnBookEvent, OnChartEvent(long ChartID, ...), OnCalculate, ...

And if you don't need indicator buffers and don't want to face the crutches of indicators/advisors, write in a new type of program - Services - that doesn't have any limitations (stretching from the previous versions of MT).

Reason: