Registration for the MetaQuotes-Demo Championships in May - page 62

Andrey Dik:

Comfortably uncomfortable... It's not comfortable sleeping on the ceiling - the mistress falls down.

Understand me, people. Closing a position should be an act of goodwill on the part of the participant, not a matter of chance. The participant has the right to close a position at any time, it means a deliberate action, such is the decision, such is the result of trading activity. To equate the balance with equity at the end of Friday at the moment of the last tick? - You understand that this is not an independent decision, it is the will of chance. Why do not the organisers force the closing seconds beforehand, why not one hour beforehand? - Because it is not a competitor's result, it is an external factor in relation to the competitor. And it means that the results of the event are not reliable. Or someone may say "I've been thinking over my trading actions up to the last tick on Friday", but no, this is absurd.

it's absurd when you set a target in a trade - but then friday comes along and you fucking close the position! i.e. ONLY WHY THE FIDDLE IS STARTING

and not because the planned target is really achieved!

so let's understand that in this situation, the position is buried with the last tick!

besides it was already explained - force majeure - electricity - traffic jam on friday - hit on the head with a rolling pin from mistress or wife

Yuriy Zaytsev:

the last quote will freeze the state - in essence we accept that EQUITY AND BALANCE IS EQUAL!

and it doesn't matter WHAT it is positive or negative

i.e. we are essentially emulating a position closing!!!

[√] Igor Volodin

[√] YuraZ

i also support this option

Yuriy Zaytsev:

absurd - it's when you set a goal when you trade - but friday comes and you fucking close the position! i.e. ONLY WHY STARTED FEBRUARY

and not because you didn't reach your target!

Not because it's Friday. It's because it's the last day of the competition. We have a competition limited to a month. This means that those trades that should be counted as trade figures should be closed before the last moment of the competition on their own, as a deliberate deliberate trading move, and not as an external factor to the strategy.

If you have left an open position - then this trade is no longer included in the reporting period, it should not be taken into account in the competition. I have given a thousand examples from life of how the profit for the reporting period is determined - and all to no avail.

Sergey Gritsay:

i was also for that option

Sergey Gritsay:

I'm in favour of this option too.
Igor Volodin:
Yes, I vote for this option.

the last quote will freeze the state - in essence we accept that EQUITY AND BALANCE IS EQUAL!

and it doesn't matter WHAT it is positive or negative

i.e. we are essentially emulating a close position!!!

[ ] Andrey Dik

[√] Igor Volodin

[√] YuraZ

[√] Sergey Gritsay

[√] Vitaly Muzichenko

Why are you voting? It is quite clear that I am the only one expressing this opinion, the others have the opposite opinion. You can't wangoo or wangoo, you'll still get an understandable vote.

Andrey Dik:

Not because it's Friday. It's because it's the last day of the competition. We have a month-long competition. This means that those trades that should be counted as trade figures must be closed before the last moment of the competition.

If you have left an open position - then this trade is no longer in the reporting period, it should not be counted in the competition. I have given a thousand examples from life of how profit is determined in the reporting period - all to no avail.

What is the difference - if we consider positions to be closed by the last tick ?

We will simply equate equity with the balance of accounts that do not have closed positions.

Andrey Dik:
What's the point of voting? It is quite clear that I am the only one expressing such an opinion, the others have the opposite opinion. You don't have to wangoo or wangoo, you'll still get an understandable vote.

It just goes to show that most people understand what we're talking about.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

What is the difference - if we believe that positions are closed by the last tick?

we simply equate the equity with the balance of accounts that do not have closed positions

What are you all saying, let's equate it, let's equate it.... This is not what we're talking about! It is clear that the balance will be equal to equity. But don't you understand that this is an external factor to the strategy, it's not a deliberate move of the strategy, it means the statistics will not be reliable!

Or do you all think that simultaneous "closing" of participants' positions on the last tick can tell us about some trading indicators? Let's see how big the equity of this participant is at this moment! The hero! Here is a medal! And a second before that, there was another hero, and two seconds before that, there was a third hero..... Is that it? How do you make a cross-section of all the contestants from one moment to the next? That's ridiculous. It's not a planned action by the participants, it's an external factor.

Competitors themselves should close positions well in advance so that the trading results are deliberate and not a matter of chance at the last tick of the last day of the competition.

That's it, I've said it all. All the words are already out.

Andrey Dik:

Not because it's Friday. It's because it's the last day of the competition. We have a competition limited to a month. It means that those trades that should be considered as trade figures should be closed until the last moment of the contest by themselves, as a deliberate trade move and not as an external factor in relation to the strategy.

If you have left an open position - then this trade is no longer included in the reporting period, it should not be taken into account in the competition. I have given a thousand examples from life of how the profit for the reporting period is determined - and all to no avail.

Andrew, here are the terms and conditions of the MC

VII. Determination of the winners (prize winners)

1. At the end of the Championship (23:59 on December28th 2012 trading time), all positions will be forcibly closed.
  2. Only three Participants who have the largest positive profits by the end of the Championship will be declared as the Winners. A positive profit is considered to be the profit that exceeds the initial balance.
  3. If 2 or more contestants have the same balance, the Jury will make the final decision.
  4. If no Participant has a positive profit, there is no winner.
  5. Winners agree to have their names published.
  6. Winners agree to participate in promotional and marketing activities of the Organiser and the Sponsors, including interviews, photo-reports and publicity via the media about the promotions.

I wonder if anyone has challenged having a potentially profitable position forcibly closed in the future, and hanging in the negative now?

You see, a fix is a fix in Africa, and it does not depend on how you fix it, there is a result, and it is used!

Andrey Dik:

What are you all saying, equate, equate, equate.... That's not what we're talking about! It is clear that the balance will be equal to equity. But don't you understand, it is an external factor to the strategy, it is not a deliberate move of strategy, it means that statistics will not be reliable!

Or do you all think that simultaneous "closing" of participants' positions on the last tick can tell us about some trading indicators? Let's see how big the equity of this participant is at this moment! The hero! Here is a medal! And a second before that, there was another hero, and two seconds before that, there was a third hero..... Is that it? How do you make a cross-section of all the contestants from one moment to the next? That's ridiculous. It's not a planned action by the participants, it's an external factor.

Competitors themselves should close positions well in advance so that trading results would be deliberate and not a matter of chance at the last tick of the last day of the competition.

That's it, I've said it all. All the words are already out.

You say it like that, like the price flies 500 pips at the last second on Fridays. Even if it does, half stands in one direction and the other half in the other.

Von Yura left the euro in a buy for the weekend, while I left the euro in a sell, and he and I will not close the position because it is Friday, because he opened it deliberately with a purpose.

If there will be a forced closing of positions by the organizer, then it will close on the fact, not achieving the goal, which was set in common sense. What kind of randomness?

Reason: