Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 750

Artyom Trishkin:

You can create a text ini file from which the indicator and EA will read data and use it as parameters for setting the indicator. Then create a template with the EA and the indicator and manually or with a script to load this template on the chart.
We can simply draw the lines of the indicator in the Expert Advisor with graphical objects.
You can also invent something else.
You can ... or you can not bother and enter it manually or use MT5 where everything is possible :)

Can we run the tester from the EA (with EA settings) in visualization mode (one day of history), and then save the template from the chart on which the testing was performed, and apply it to the chart with the EA, and do this during initialization?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Is it possible to run the tester from the EA (with EA settings) in visualisation mode (one day history length) and then save the template from the chart on which the testing took place and apply it to the chart with the EA, and do this at initialisation?

The EA will unload.

Artyom Trishkin:

The advisor will unload.

At the moment the tester is started?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

At the moment the tester is started?

I don't understand the question at all. Do you run the tester from an EA? I don't know of such a thing.

I know how to run the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester. But to run a tester from an Expert Advisor is nonsense...

Artyom Trishkin:

I don't understand the question at all. Do you run the tester from an EA? I don't know about that.

I know how to launch the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester. But it is nonsense to make a tester out of an Expert Advisor.

Well, there are articles on auto-optimization, for example, this one. I myself have not implemented this method, so I asked you, as an experienced programmer.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Well, there are articles about auto-optimization, for example, this one. I have not used this method myself, so I asked you, as an experienced programmer.

So I understood that you are talking about the built-in tester, which is run from the EA. And not about self-optimization inside the EA.

The self-optimization is not worth the effort - just for the display of indicator on the chart. It has a different purpose. And again, the results of self-optimization are not the drawing of indicator lines on the chart - not in the same vein at all.

Thanks for the tips, I understand correctly that

1) In MQL4, in practice nobody connects an indicator with another Expert Advisor that uses this indicator? They just run it in parallel with the same settings of indicator parameters?

2) MQL5 has a possibility of calling the indicator from an Expert Advisor

Elena Baranova:

Thanks for the tips, I understand correctly that

1) In MQL4, in practice nobody connects an indicator with another Expert Advisor that uses this indicator? They just run it in parallel with the same settings of indicator parameters?

2) MQL5 has a possibility to call the indicator from an Expert Advisor

1. It may well be. I build several bars of indicator lines in my EA using graphical objects if I really need it.
  2. Yes, not the call of the indicator from the Expert Advisor (it takes data of standard and custom indicators), but its creation and displaying on the chart.

Artyom Trishkin:
  1. It may well be. I build several bars of indicator lines in my EA with graphical objects, if I need it badly.
  2. Yes. Just do not call the indicator from the EA (it takes data of standard and custom indicators), but create it and display it on the chart.

Thanks for the clarification )

Artyom Trishkin:

So I understand that you are talking about the in-house tester running from within the EA. Not about self-optimization inside the EA.

The self-optimization is not the point - just for the display of indicator on the chart. It has a different purpose. And again, the results of self-optimization are not the drawing of indicator lines on the chart - not from the same vein.

No, the article is about full-fledged control of optimizer from the EA through ini file, and ini, I think, can be prescribed not only optimization, but also any settings, it seems they are saved after the last start of tester in any mode. Then (in the EA code, you can) save the template and copy it to another terminal (from what I understood it is recommended to use the terminal for work of the tester and the EA). And after this procedure to call the template, where everything will be.

Reason: