Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 749

Little Oligarch:
how to make an indicator on H1 to show me data from M5

It depends on what kind of data.

Traders Dynamic Index

Little Oligarch:
Traders Dynamic Index

Change the code of this indicator so that it can display data from a different TF.

the same indicator was showing 3 windows with different TFson the same graph

Hello. Can you tell me if MQL4 can run an indicator from the Expert Advisor code?

Elena Baranova:
Hello. Do you know if MQL4 can run an indicator from the Expert Advisor code?

In the EA get data from custom indicator: iCustom(), from standard ones: set of functions iMA(), iCCI() etc. (there is one in the help)

If I attach the indicator to the chart, I will just dance with diamonds: create a chart template with the necessary indicator attached and open this template from the EA. But then the EA will be unloaded, because it is not in the template.

Artyom Trishkin:

In the EA get data from custom indicator: iCustom(), from standard ones: set of functions iMA(), iCCI() etc. (there is one in help)

And if you attach the indicator to the chart, then there is only a tambourine: create a template of the chart, which will already have the desired indicator attached, and open this template from the EA. But then the EA will be unloaded, because it is not in the template.

Thank you. I use iCustom. I am interested in visualization of the indicator used by the Expert Advisor on a chart.

I.e., I have written an Expert Advisor that trades by a certain indicator using iCustom. In order to visualise the process of trading, it is necessary to set the indicator on the chart manually and enter its parameters repeatedly (once they are already entered in the settings of the EA).

It is necessary to automate this process. This can only be done using the above method with templates?

Elena Baranova:

You need to automate this process. Can it be done only with the help of the described method with templates?

Within mql4 unfortunately yes.

Elena Baranova:

Thank you. I am using iCustom. I am interested in visualisation of the indicator which the Expert Advisor uses on the chart.

I.e. I have written an Expert Advisor that trades by a certain indicator using iCustom. In order to visualise the process of trading, it is necessary to set the indicator on the chart manually and enter its parameters repeatedly (once they are already entered in the settings of the EA).

It is necessary to automate this process. This can be done only with the help of the described method with templates?

We can create a text ini file from which the indicator and the Expert Advisor will read data and use them as parameters for setting the indicator. Then we create a template with the Expert Advisor and the indicator and manually or using a script to load this template on the chart.
We can simply draw the lines of the indicator in the Expert Advisor with graphical objects.
You can also invent something else.
You can ... or you can not bother and enter it manually or use MT5 where everything is possible :)

Reason: