Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 384

Artyom Trishkin:

1. Well, maybe I missed it - it's half past five in the morning...

3. DoubleToString()

4. But you have a condition and a compound operator:

I cannot see any other way of interpreting it. Why should there be ";" after the operator?

3. printing is correct, with NormalizeDouble I just rounded, in fact the value of the variable is output. I will check it now, but I don't think that DoubleToString will change anything.

4. ; - is unnecessary, but it doesn't refer to the nub of the problem.

konam1:

3. Printing is correct, using NormalizeDouble I just rounded it up, in fact the value of the variable is printed. Now I will check, but I don't think that DoubleToString will change anything.

4. ; is probably superfluous, but it doesn't refer to the essence of the problem...

3. It is these inventions that cause questions to appear later

4. Not relevant, but it shows one's attitude to one's own code.

<br / translate="no">.

Taras Slobodyanik:

The statement "the point appears and is static without recalculation during the formation of a candle" is not correct, if the price breaks the parabolic, the point is redrawn.
You should recalculate the parabolic every tick, because the breakthrough may happen at any moment, not only at bar opening.

It changes the matter and explains all inaccuracies. Thank you!

Artyom Trishkin:

3. This is the kind of thinking that leads to questions

4. Not relevant, but it shows an attitude towards your own code.

3. For what reason the output

Print ("SAR = ",NormalizeDouble(iSAR(Symbol(),60,0.02,0.2,0),Digits); is incorrect?

double b=1.12345678

Print(b); - you think it won't be executed without DoubleToStr too?

4. I need to make it clear:

- I'm not an experienced programmer with a long experience

- ;- this sign does not introduce any errors into the code, even though it is unnecessary here.

- I need the program to solve a particular task and I'm not delighted by good/pretty written code. My purpose is to solve a task, not to admire lines of code.

If it's clumsy and profitable, I'm more than happy with it.

konam1: If it is axed and leads to profit - I am more than happy with that.

Two Siberian brothers decided to go to Moscow. They bought bicycles. The younger one decided to go straight away. Tumble, bang... ...and rode a kilometre in a day. The elder decided to train. A week later he rode out, and by evening, Junior had overtaken him... So axing is a long time. First you need to learn the language and practice with simple scripts. If the task is to pass the course and Forget - you can. If you're video tutorials promised to cut the easy money - then you promised three years wait.

STARIJ:

Two Siberian brothers decided to go to Moscow. They had bought bicycles. The younger one decided to go straight away. He did a somersault, a bang... he rode a kilometre in a day. The elder decided to train. A week later he rode out, and by evening, Junior had overtaken him... So axing is a long time. First you need to learn the language and practice with simple scripts. If the task is to pass the course and Forget - you can. If you're video tutorials promised to cut the easy money - then you promised three years wait.

...on the way they were both overtaken by a Tour de France cyclist and wondered who had let them on their bikes in the first place. You can perfect yourself ad infinitum. You can't fool yourself if you hand in your coursework and forget about it. I find an idea, check it out on a story, no tinkering. All of the respondents have only one comment was the case and immediately removed the question - the rest, in my opinion, found an extra reason to teach others - that also says something.

MQL4

MQLInfoInteger(MQL_TESTER)==true - Expert Advisor in testing mode

MQLInfoInteger(MQL_VISUAL_MODE)==true - advisor in visual testing mode.

MQLInfoInteger(MQL_VISUAL_MODE)==false && MQLInfoInteger(MQL_TESTER)==true - advisor in not visual testing mode.

Could you suggest a simple variant to determine if the Expert Advisor is in the testing mode and the ALL TIKES method is used?

Alexandr Ivanov:

MQL4

MQLInfoInteger(MQL_TESTER)==true - Expert Advisor in testing mode

MQLInfoInteger(MQL_VISUAL_MODE)==true - advisor in visual testing mode.

MQLInfoInteger(MQL_VISUAL_MODE)==false && MQLInfoInteger(MQL_TESTER)==true - advisor in not visual testing mode.

Do you know if there is a simple variant that determines if the Expert Advisor is in testing mode and the ALL TIKES method is used?

MQL_TESTER includes all testing modes (optimization, visualization and test).

MQL_VISUEL_MODE - only visualization shows

MQL_OPTIMIZATION - only shows optimization

And what is the testing model - there is no water here.

Good afternoon, please advise: I want to create a condition at the beginning of the code to open a network of trades: help is needed in writing the condition "if the market from the current Bid price over the previous 10 bars has gone up or down, more than x pips - return." Example - current Bid price is 1.0000, x=20. If the market was 1.0021 or 0.9979 during ten candles - return. If it wasn't - continue the code. By candle's close prices, or by the spread. Thank you in advance.

Artyom Trishkin:

MQL_TESTER includes all test modes (optimisation, visualisation and test).

MQL_VISUEL_MODE - it shows only visualization

MQL_OPTIMIZATION - only shows optimization

And what is the testing model - there is nothing here.

Well, I haven't found it either.

Sadness. So, one has to estimate how many ticks arrive per 1 bar and from this to conclude - whether it is the open prices or all ticks.

Reason: