Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester

In my personal opinion, the authors of the MT5 Strategy Tester are probably very strange people.

More than a million times I'm sure that in this or that context it was mentioned, asked, required to create a checkbox which

It was asked to create a checkbox which would switch the optimization mode on and off!!!

Although I am not a programmer, I think that adding one checkbox does not require rewriting the entire code of the tester from beginning to end, which will take years and months of hard work of the authors team :)))

xxz:

In my personal opinion, the authors of the MT5 Strategy Tester are probably very strange people.

More than a million times I'm sure that in this or that context it was mentioned, asked, required to create a checkbox which

It was asked to create a checkbox which would switch the optimization mode on and off!!!

Even though I am not a programmer, I think that adding one checkbox does not require rewriting the entire code of the tester from beginning to end, which will take years and months of hard work of the authors team :)))

Are you sure you have ever turned on and used the MetaTrader 5 tester? A clear feeling of complete ignorance of the MetaTrader 5 tester.

Optimization mode is selected before you start:

Optimization types - Algorithmic trading, trading robots

You can stop the optimization at any time by pressing the"Stop" button

Vladimir Karputov:

Are you sure you have turned on and used the MetaTrader 5 tester even once? A clear feeling of complete ignorance of the MetaTrader 5 tester.

I know that .

Only after hours of optimization that's finally over

You often forget to turn off the optimization and press the "start" button and it's a waste of time!

I know that everything is fine if you run the pass through a single.

But still not really comfortable.

More convenient to use a bird to turn on and off :)))

Vladimir Karputov:

Are you sure you have turned on and used the MetaTrader 5 tester even once? A clear feeling of complete ignorance of the MetaTrader 5 tester.

I also guess that the absence of the checkbox has to do with the possibility to CONTINUE optimization after stopping.

xxz:

I know that.

Only after hours of optimisation, which is finally over

you often forget to turn off the optimization and press the start button and everything goes to waste!

I know that everything is fine if you run the pass through the single.

But still not really comfortable.

More convenient to use a bird to turn on and off :)))

And what prevents you from forgetting about the "bird" safely? And then start writing/requesting/requesting beeps when optimization is on?

It may be simpler to paste a piece of paper to the monitor - there are many self-adhesive pieces of paper now. And write on it "Disable optimization!!!".

Artyom Trishkin:

What's to stop you from forgetting about the "bird" safely? And then start to write/request/request for a beep while optimizing?

It is easier then stick a piece of paper on the monitor - there are plenty of self-adhesive ones now. And write on it "Disable optimization!!!".

Did you use MT4 tester?

Optimisation - selecting the chosen option for the run - the birdie is automatically removed!

I think this is the best option.

And even better is testing and all parameters related to it in the tester (start, stop, parameter tab, and test results with graph).

Don't you ever forget this?

A beep is not helpful when you pressed the start button)))

Usually a split second later you remember that you've just fucked up).

Also to add to my personal dissatisfaction with the MT5 tester

Saving of theoptimization results - only parameters to be optimized are saved, why aren't the rest of them saved?

And what if there is not only one but 225 other parameters ))) they could have been changed from one optimization to another

All this you can forget in an hour what and how it was before, and in a week or a month...

(I'm immediately ruling out crooked ways, like adding something to an Expert Advisor, finding something somewhere, saving a set in addition to an Excel file,...)

Artyom Trishkin:

What's to stop you from forgetting about the "bird" safely as well? And then start writing/requesting/requesting beeps when optimisation is on?

It is easier to stick a piece of paper on the monitor - there are a lot of self-adhesive ones nowadays. And write on it "Disable optimization!!!".

I suggest you make a pedal drive. As long as xxz presses the pedal - optimisation continues, as soon as he falls asleep - that's it, foot down, train stops. I have heard in the railway transport such a thing is called "dead driver's pen" ))).

xxz:

Also to add to my personal dissatisfaction with the MT5 tester

Saving of theoptimization results - only parameters to be optimized are saved, while the rest are not saved?

What if there is more than one or two parameters but 225 of them ))) they could have been changed from one optimization to another

All this you can forget in an hour what and how it was before, and in a week or a month...

(I'm immediately ruling out crooked ways, like adding something to an Expert Advisor, finding something somewhere, saving a set in addition to an Excel file,...)

By the way, I used to send all parameters to Excel in 4, now there's only one optimizable parameter.

Metocwat just need to hire a savvy marketer to explain to them that laziness is the engine of progress!!!

Their success largely depends on how they can respond to the challenges of time and buy out the things the end user is too lazy to do)))

Reason: