Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 377

Taras Slobodyanik:

Cool!!! What if the first measurement should be 1000 or God forbid even more?

Do you know if I should continue studying MQL4 when I'm already studying MQL5? I'm in the process of learning MQL4 (I've thoughtfully read half of this tutorial), and I'm trying to program a bit. I don't have any programming experience or knowledge before.

Any advice, it's important for me to know so I don't waste my time. Thanks, smart people!

YarTrade:

Do you know if I should continue studying MQL4 when I'm already studying MQL5? I'm in the process of learning MQL4 (I've thoughtfully read half of this tutorial), and I'm trying to program a bit. I don't have any programming experience or knowledge before.

Any advice, it's important for me to know so I don't waste my time. Thanks, smart people!

No, you shouldn't. Look straight to mql5.

And if you're on the initial path, don't even open the mt4 terminal - delete it.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

No, you shouldn't. Look straight to mql5

And if you are on the initial path, don't even open the mt4 terminal - delete it.

Vitaly, you should not think like that. Of course, if you program only from pieces of other people's code, it may be right not to study anything but the appearance of functions. But if you have a desire to learn programming, having programming experience in any language, it will be absolutely easy to learn any other language. Moreover, mql4 and mql5 are so similar that there are many examples where you can recompile mql4 into mql5 and vice versa without any changes.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

No, you shouldn't. Look straight to mql5

And if you're on the beginner's path, don't even open an mt4 terminal - delete it.

Is it possible to work in MT4 with trading accounts opened for MT5? I have an Alpari account in mt4 that works.

YarTrade:

Is it possible to use MT4 accounts in MT5? I have an Alpari account that works in MT4.

No it isn't. But it doesn't cost anything to transfer funds from one account to another.

YarTrade:

A little bit of reasoning:

Vitaly Muzichenko:

A bit of reasoning:

Thank you. I couldn't immediately find a link to an off-line MQL5 tutorial on Yandex. Maybe someone has a link? Exactly off-line.

YarTrade:

Thank you. I couldn't find a link to an off-line MQL5 tutorial on Yandex right away. Maybe somebody has the link? Off-line tutorial

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs: To the left, under the menu with links (look for the link to the PDF)

Документация по MQL5 - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5
Документация по MQL5 - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) - язык программирования технических индикаторов, торговых роботов и вспомогательных приложений для автоматизации торговли на финансовых рынках. MQL5 является современным языком высокого уровня и разработан MetaQuotes Software Corp. для собственной торгово-информационной платформы. Синтаксис языка максимально близок...

Vitaly Muzichenko:

A little bit of reasoning:

I liked the video. Only the question was about the programming language, not the choice of platform. Undoubtedly MT5 terminal and mql5 language have more possibilities. But, Vitaly, I will say it again: "If you know any programming language, it will not be difficult to master any other language". This has been passed by my own experience. Imagine that you would have to learn programming 1C. The difference from any common language is enormous. But no one has canceled and will not be able to cancel loops, conditional statements and many other things that make up a program. Knowing this, you can easily find the documentation for loops, conditions, data access and other details of a specific language. But if you don't have any knowledge, you will have to start from afar. But to switch from mql4 to mql5 is not a problem at all. I had enough time, since I installed the first copy of MT5 on my computer, to write my first indicator on mql5

Reason: