Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1845

Mihail Matkovskij #:

Well, this is the pause I was talking about (if we are talking about working with real data). Only trade not in if but after return (exit, if pause). And how do you pause in the tester (when you need to pause the tester programmatically)?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I've never done that)

Mihail Matkovskij #:

How do you pause the tester (when you need to pause the tester programmatically)?

Pausing ( Sleep() ) in the tester does not cause any delay, it says so in the help.

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:
I have no idea what you mean. I've never done it)

Then why did you call yourself an expert? Like you know and I don't. And where? As always, no miracle. :) Or did you not read my message carefully?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

All new MQL4 and MQL5 questions, tips and discussion on algorithms and codes

Mihail Matkovskij, 2022.01.05 15:25

In the tester, the pause (breakpoint) is DebugBreak. During trading, you can simply exit the function (retutn). There is no other way to pause. The only way is through the WinAPI. But in this case, we will have to create a clicker for the pause button.

Andrey Sokolov #:

Sleep() ) in the tester does not cause any delay, the help text says so directly.

Of courseSleep doesn't work in the tester! What does it have to do with it?

Mihail Matkovskij #:

Then why did you call yourself an expert?

Like you know and I don't. And where? As always, no miracle. :) Or did you not read my message carefully?

Where did I call myself an expert?

I only pointed out the option of paused trades

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:

...or is it another attack?

When you write "help me do" and mean "do me". The last person who asked the same question, with a cat in the background, was rude when I asked.

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:

Where did I call myself an expert!?

I'll explain. "Calling yourself an expert" means you know what I don't know. I was wondering if I'd really missed something and you'd add to my message. But alas, you didn't say anything new. And it wasn't you who "called yourself an expert in plain language"!

...или опять приступ?

"Chevoi"?! Not only do you allow yourself to address everyone in a familiar manner. You call everyone "you", and you allow yourself to call the person you are talking to by a name other than their full name, without knowing them personally. You also write nonsense like that to me. Rostik (I'm addressing you the same way), who brought you up? Don't you think it's too much?!...

You're the one who's having a seizure judging by the posts above... I just resent your upbringing! I thought you had some sense.

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:
Try triple EMA or MACD or ATR for starters

HOW? Like the three EMAs? I haven't seen that before.

Andrey Sokolov #:

When you write "help me do it" meaning "help me do it". The previous person who asked the same question, with a cat in the background, when asked a clarifying question started accusing you of rudeness.

Of course I do not know why he accused you of rudeness, but apparently not for nothing (judging by this your message) ...

Twisted and generalised, Rostik and Andrei! Talk to each other. You deserve each other.
Reason: