Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1851

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

No, with a small lot a 5pp price change won't make much difference, but with a large lot even 1pp will make a difference. That's why you need to cover with a bigger lot.

Thus, you will always have more profit/loss with a bigger lot. In grids, usually a pending order/position with the largest lot is placed first. Perhaps it is different in hedging TS. But I am not a fan of them, to be honest.

But if the position is losing, it does not matter if it is one pip more or one less. How many points of loss goes to one spread...

Vitaly Muzichenko #:
If the grid contains both long and short, then for nice statistics sort by lots of profit, then close alternately long-short-short-short...

Well, this is in the case of a profitable TS. Make a robot and get high. :)

Mihail Matkovskij #:

Well, this is in the case of a profitable TS. Make a robot and get high. :)

Where averaging is used, it' s out of the question.

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

Where averaging is used,"getting high" is out of the question.

I'm not a fan of hedging or averaging at all. It's the same as Martin. If the TS is profitable, we don't need any of that. And if not, it only aggravates the trader's situation.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

I'm not a fan of hedging or averaging at all. It's the same thing as Martin. If the TS is profitable, there is no need for any of that. And if not, it only aggravates the trader's situation.

Well, hedging is a good thing, helps avoid big drawdowns and when used correctly it brings profit.

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

Why not, hedging is a good thing, it saves you from large drawdowns and if used correctly it pulls a trade into profit.

But it does increase risk. So does Martin, so does averaging and other similar strategies. Although, all can be used wisely by those who understand it.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

But it does increase the risk. So does Martin, so does averaging and other similar strategies. Although, all can be used wisely by those who understand it.

On the contrary, it reduces the risk. Here we need to choose the right hedging asset and we can sleep well. But with averaging the sleep is often disturbed.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

It depends on what lot with what profit... I think it's better to sort positions by profit. And close the fattest ones first!

It depends on what for :-) to draw a nice curve in signals and to cut the "recovery factor" just the same...

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

On the contrary, it reduces the risk. Here you need to choose the right hedging asset roughly correctly and you can sleep well. But with averaging, sleep is often disturbed.

Oh... so you need an additional asset for that? Interesting... Sounds like risk/loss diversification...

I always thought that hedging was about opposing positions on the same instrument.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

Ah... so you need an additional asset for that? Interesting... Sounds like risk/loss diversification...

I always thought hedging was about opposing positions on the same instrument.

It's locking, from the word lock.

Reason: