Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1459

HimOrik:

I'll raise my perhaps silly question. Please clarify it. I'm specifically interested in "Every tick based on real ticks" optimization. On the main computer, of course, it is optimized based on real ticks. It's not clear how in the local network.

Search for articles from Metacquot :"Cloud"

i read long time ago, remote agents should download the history from your PC or if connected to the same broker, they take the real ticks from the broker

but i may be wrong, i have not used it.

one of the articles from Metacquot on this subject, maybe there is information therehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/2612

Taras Slobodyanik:

it is easier to create a blank background of the desired size in MT, fill the buffer with colour,

Taras, do you want to insert a picture file into the resource or in a different way? I don't understand something.

Aleksei Stepanenko:
Taras, do you want to insert an image file into the resource or some other way? I don't understand something.

- create a buffer of the required size - ArrayResize
- fill it with the required colour - ArrayFill
- create a resource from it - ResourceCreate
- insert this resource as a bitmap on the chart - ObjectCreate

Got it, thank you. I remember there was something like that.

Alexey Viktorov:

Wrong. It's just that the advanced programmers have gathered here. The differences from the quickie are really big. I can't master Quick, but MT is intuitive and does not cause any problems. But for brokers it is vice versa. They don't like MT5.

🤝. Alexey, are there any people( or service) here willing to help set up the terminal? I have a demo account for training. At the same time I want to understand the technical side of it. I want to get the technical side of the matter. What kind of codes to put in to make a tool, chart, line, etc. appear. Now when I open the settings only one line " one click trading" appears and that's it.)

Greetings. Is there any way to get the size or width of a line in pixels (including font settings)?

partner67:
🤝. Alexey, are there any people( or service) willing to help me set up the terminal here? I have a demo account for training. I want to deal with the technical side of things. I want to get the technical side of the matter. What kind of codes to put in to make symbol, chart, line, etc. appear. Now when I open settings only one line " one click trading" appears and that's it.)

First press F1 and read.

Then ask what you don't understand here.

Alexey Viktorov:

First press F1 and read.

Then ask here what you don't understand

🤝Thank you. I'm already reading this, that's why I started asking questions). First conclusion MT4 is clearer ( or more reliable) than MT5)))

partner67:

🤝Thank you. I'm already reading this, that's why I started asking questions). First conclusion MT4 is clearer ( or more reliable) than MT5)))

Second conclusion, MT5 is more promising and just as understandable. In terms of manual trading on accounts it is no different from MT4.

I need your advice!

I am trying to test a multi-currency EA but the results are not accurate because the void OnTick(); function is called in case of a tick in the selected chart and not in case of another currency in the EA. How can I replace void OnTick(); with another function so that the code is executed continuously?

Reason: