Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1135

Features of storing real numbers in MQL

Artyom Trishkin:

SL - stop, TP - limit.

I don't quite understand the logic

we have BuyStop and SellStop which are stop orders

there is BuyLimit and SellLimit these are limit orders

and StopLoss and TakeProfit are levels instead of orders

for MT4:

SymbolInfoInteger(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL);
MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_STOPLEVEL);

SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL

Minimal indent in points from the current close price for placing of Stop orders

MODE_STOPLEVEL

Minimum stop loss/stake profit level in pips.

and for MT5

SymbolInfoInteger(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL);
//???

attention: how do I know the minimum margin forsetting StopLoss and TakeProfit in MT5?

1) the minimum margin for StopLoss and TakeProfit is always 0

2) minimum indent toset StopLoss and TakeProfit = minimum indent forsettingStop orders

3) there is a separate parameter in МТ5 that shows the minimum indent toset StopLoss and TakeProfit

How do I know the minimum indent toplace a Limit order?

tumblr has it in every code now, freeze levels

-

he should take a drawing class or I don't know, a beauty class, the code is on standard functions, it's hard to read

Fast235:
every code now has freeze levels

SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL

Trade freeze distance (in pips)

is, but what it is not clear to me

Pavel Kolchin:

is, but what it is is not clear to me

the minimum that can be done from the opening

Pavel Kolchin:

I don't quite understand the logic

we have BuyStop and SellStop which are stop orders

there is BuyLimit and SellLimit these are limit orders

and StopLoss and TakeProfit are levels instead of orders

SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL

Minimal step back in points from the current close price for placing of Stop orders

there is one for MT4:

and for MT5

attention: how do i know the minimum indentation for StopLoss and TakeProfitorders in MT5?

1) the minimum backoff forsetting StopLoss and TakeProfit always = 0

2) minimum indent toset StopLoss and TakeProfit = minimum indent forsettingStop orders

3) there is a separate parameter in МТ5 that shows the minimum indent toset StopLoss and TakeProfit

How do I know the minimum indent toplace a limit order?

SL and TP are orders. "Levels" - because these are the levels at which these orders are set. You may also call them indent or distance in pips. This does not make them orders.

Everything is regulated by the parameter SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL.

MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_STOPLEVEL) returns the same as SymbolInfoInteger(symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL) - MarketInfo is a pure quadratic function.

Zero does not mean absence. Zero means floating level. Normally in this case you should control the size 2 * SymbolInfoInteger(symbol,SYMBOL_SPREAD)

Pavel Kolchin:

is present but what it is I do not understand

Level of freezing of trade operations with pending orders when the price approaches the levels of their settings closer than the distance specified in this parameter.

For example, the freeze level is two points. The price is one point away from the freeze level. It has not yet reached the one pip order, but it is already close to two pips. If you want to cancel or modify this order (including StopLoss and TakeProfit), the server will not let you do this. The reason of it is that while the server will exchange the orders-responses, the price can already reach the order triggering level, and it will already be activated. Therefore, all client operations with an order are frozen within the distance less than the set one, until the order triggers, or until the price reaches the distance allowed for the trading operations with the order.

Artyom Trishkin:

The level of freezing of trading operations with pending orders when the price approaches the levels of their installation closer than the distance set by this parameter.

For example, the freeze level is two points. The price is one point away from the setting level. It has not yet reached the one pip order, but it is already closer to two pips. If you want to cancel or modify this order (including StopLoss and TakeProfit), the server will not let you do that. The reason of it is that while the server will exchange the orders-responses, the price can already reach the order triggering level, and it will already be activated. Therefore, all client operations with an order are frozen within the distance less than the set one, until the order triggers, or until the price reaches the distance allowed for the trading operations with the order.

Artem, please tell me what the difference between my comment and this one is, I cannot figure out what the fundamental difference is.

for educational purposes.

Fast235:

Artem, please tell me what's the difference between my comment and this one, I can't figure out what the fundamental difference is

for educational purposes.

Which one? This one?

I don't understand what you're talking about.

The minimum you can do is go for a smoke. Have some tea... Make some coffee...

Really, it depends on the opening of what. If it's a shop, you can get a bun and milk...

Fast235:

was the freeze leveller a minimum from opening, in points, and no possibility of setting tp and sl less than it?

No. I explained above what freeze level is.

Reason: