Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1018

Oleh Fedorov:
Yes, ok. How about"MQL4 and MetaTrader 4"? Or should I go to "Indicators"?

even there I don't think so... you didn't say what kind of "Bilder" you have there, did you?

It's a niche product, and a commercial one at that. Questions of integration with it should be addressed to its authors and license holders.

This thread is likely to be regarded as an advertisement on this forum.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

OrderSend, OrderDelete, OrderClose, OrderModify results should be checked. These are just rules of decency elevated to the rank of warnings.

And "lvalue" errors are your favourite comparison and assignment mix-ups.

PS/ well, you don't learn MT programming. MT is a harsh application.

Alekseu Fedotov:

You have 2 OnTick functions.

The switch operator's expression must be of integer type.

Thank you. Figured it out. At first, when I clicked the compile button I got 100! errors. Now I have 4 left :)

Alekseu Fedotov:

You have 2 OnTick functions.

That wasn't the reason at all. I hadn't removed functions OnInit and OnDeInit by default. I removed them and errors with OnTick have disappeared.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

even there I don't think so... you didn't say what kind of "Bilder" you have there, did you?

It's a niche product, and a commercial one at that. Questions of integration with it should be addressed to its authors and license holders.

This thread is likely to be regarded as advertising on this forum.

Maxim, my question is not about the Builder :-) My question is: "Why doesn't it work? The Bilder is a special case and I don't even know what kind of builder it is... But its behaviour is strange... Some indicators work, others don't. That's what I want to get to the bottom of...

Anyway, thanks for the warning, I'll give it a try :-)

Oleh Fedorov:

Maxim, my question is not about the builder :-) I have a question: "Why doesn't it work"... Bilder is a special case, and I don't even know what kind of builder it is... But its behaviour is strange... Some indicators work, others don't. That's what I want to deal with...

Anyway, thanks for the warning, I'll try it :-)

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/327939
Как индикаторы взаимодействуют с основной средой?
Как индикаторы взаимодействуют с основной средой?
  • www.mql5.com
Здравствуйте! Столкнулся с такой проблемой... Заказчик добавляет индикатор в советник с помощью какого-то билдера...

There is a robot error (modification of stop loss):
2019.12.07 11:56:32.915 2019.10.18 18:37:47  Super EURUSD,H1: Ошибка модификации ордера BUY (Tral, 86). Код ошибки=1

But in the handbook it says:

Code

Constant

Description

ERR_NO_RESULT

No error, but the result is unknown

How scary is this event? And can it later come out sideways?

Yevhenii Levchenko:
There is a robot error (modification of stop loss):

But in the handbook it says:

Code

Constant

Description

ERR_NO_RESULT

No error, but the result is unknown.

How bad is this event? And can it later come out sideways?

This means that the order was modified with the parameters unchanged.

This might happen if the server of your brokerage company gets tired of such troubles and forbids autotrading in your account. You just need to check the difference of Take Stop before modifying an order and price if it is a pending order.

Alexey Viktorov:

This means that the order was modified with the parameters unchanged.

This may cause a problem if the server of the brokerage company gets tired of such troubles and prohibits autotrading in the account. Just before modifying the order, you should check the differences of the stop point and, if it is a pending order, also the price.

Thanks, Alexey! It's running fine now :)

Me again. Hello everyone and have a nice day.

I made some EA. Pressed the compile button and was ahem... surprised. 100+ errors. ))) Well, it's over now. But as you can guess, not everything went smoothly. On top of that I have an MT4, which is without the ability to debug on historical data. In order to look for errors, I need to check the variable data, how it goes over the EA etc. How to do this without real data. (now sb, and extremely long wait for this to test on real data.)

I had a great idea to run it on strategy tester and with the help of "alert" find out the value of required variables and when in which part of the code it is located. BUT!!!!!!! Strategy Tester ignores Print() and PrintFormat(), Alert(), MessageBox().

0_0 - How to output data to be checked. What kind of quest is this.

Please help which command can output the required data for test/debugging.

Good afternoon!

What are the options to get data of this type:

Time (UTC),Ask,Bid,AskVolume,BidVolume

2019.09.01 21:04:09.364,1,09897,1,09893,0,25,0,25

Used

voidOnTick()
{
MqlTick last_tick;
//---
if(SymbolInfoTick(Symbol(),last_tick))
{
Print(last_tick.time,": Bid = ",last_tick.bid,
"Ask = ",last_tick.ask," Volume = ",last_tick.volume)
}
else
Print("SymbolInfoTick() failed, error = ",GetLastError());
//---

Got the time without milliseconds, and Volume = 0. Of course I can make up these figures, but I am not interested in them now.

My question is for MT4 only (indicators do not offer)

Thank you!

Gilmor:

Me again. Hello everyone and have a nice day.

I made some EA. Pressed the compile button and was ahem... surprised. 100+ errors. ))) Well, it's over now. But as you can guess, not everything went smoothly. On top of that I have an MT4, which is without the ability to debug on historical data. In order to look for errors, I need to check the variable data, how it goes over the EA etc. How to do this without real data. (now sb, and extremely long wait for this to test on real data.)

I had a great idea to run it on strategy tester and with the help of "alert" find out the value of required variables and when in which part of the code it is located. BUT!!!!!!! Strategy Tester ignores Print() and PrintFormat(), Alert(), MessageBox().

0_0 - How to output data to be checked. What kind of quest is this.

Please help which command can output the required data for test/debugging.

Print() in visual mode
Reason: