Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1556

Mihail Matkovskij:

I knew my answer would be followed by a lecture... You know, like you do... I thought I said: "Thank you," but no... You have to write something... If you know the function from the documentation, good for you! But if you don't know the code properly, you may study MQL documentation inside out, but it will be of very little use in practice...

I don't want to be offended at all, please. I read documentation and do not ask questions anywhere for a very long time. So I think everyone needs to read. Just imagine who you will ask if no one reads the documentation and no one knows more than what is written in EAs and indicators that come with the terminal.

MakarFX:

I don't know MQL5, but I think

i tried it, it does not work, no changes, also opens up to five positions

it buys every time a trailing stop is pulled up or can i limit the maximum number of pulls?

MakarFX:

I'll make you a button)

Great!

What algorithm will they use?

законопослушный гражданин:

Great!

What algorithm will they use?

You press the Start button, it changes to Stop and the EA starts trading,

If you reach a profit or loss, the button changes to Start, the Expert Advisor stops working and waits until the button is pressed

MakarFX:

I wrote that I accidentally stumbled upon such a bug

Here's the code... if you're interested.

There's no bug.

Like that balloon... In and out...

Alexey Viktorov:

No bug observed

Like that balloon... In and out...

Magic...

MakarFX:

Press the Start button, it changes to Stop and the EA starts trading,

If you reach profit or loss volume the button changes to Start, the EA stops working and waits until you press the button

Wow! Thank you!

it turns out that if : reached profit or loss volume, the button changes to Start, the Expert Advisor stops working .... - it stops working by closing the open trades without waiting for Take / Stop?

this is the key point. to close exactly when the monetary targets are reached, rather than just stopping and waiting for the trade to reach the stop/stop

законопослушный гражданин:

Wow! Thank you!

It turns out that if : reached profit or loss volume the button changes to Start, the Expert Advisor stops .... - it stops closing open trades without waiting for a take/stop?

this is the key point. to close exactly when the money has been reached and not to just stop and wait until the deal reaches the stop/stop?
yes, that's right

Alexey Viktorov:

No offence intended at all, please. I have been reading the documentation and not asking questions anywhere for a very long time. So I think everyone needs to read. Just imagine who you will ask if no one reads the documentation and no one knows more than what is written in EAs and indicators that come with the terminal.

How can they be offended? No way, no way. :) It's just that there were some bad words in that post! So I decided to make a remark. You can't do that! This is a technical forum, not a bazaar. I have nothing against studying the documentation. If you know it, that's good. But I'm currently working on one very interesting project and I don't have time to manually look through all the documentation. I type it into search box and it gives me all I can think of, but not what I need. That's why I decided to ask a question on this forum. What's the problem here? Or do you think that referring to the forum, is something out of the ordinary? If you are observant enough, you've noticed that any programmer, even the most experienced ones, turn to forums for help from time to time. Or are you so thoroughly acquainted with MQL and its documentation that you never use the forums, and are able to belt out absolutely any programmer? That would be too presumptuous of you...

If you know all documentation so well, maybe you can tell me, when TextGetSize function appeared inMQL... Maybe, I reviewed documentation a long time ago and did not see this function in it, because it was absent... And then it was added.

MakarFX:
Yes, that's right.

Thank you!

Will it be possible to run in the tester?
Reason: