Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 252

Mihail Matkovskij #:

And all quotes are automatically downloaded from the server...

We are talking about "Quote Archive". The automatic upload will always be from the broker's server.

Nauris Zukas #:

We are talking about the "Quote Archive". The automatic upload will always be from the broker's server.

And if the server doesn't store old quotes, but only the nearest ones, and you access the old ones, what happens?

Mihail Matkovskij #:

And if the server does not store old quotes, but only the nearest ones, and you access the old ones, what happens?

The question is not clear.
By rewinding the chart, you can load quotes from the broker's server. If not enough, then already "Quote Archive" or search.

Nauris Zukas #:

The question is not clear.
By scrolling the chart, you can download quotes from the broker's server. If not enough, then already "Quote Archive" or search.

The question is quite clear. I am answering my own question.

1. If the necessary quotes exist on the server, the terminal will download them without any problems.

2. If quotes are not in the history(the server does not store the old quotes), the terminal will offer to download the missing quotes from MetaQuotes server and inform you that the quotes may not coincide with the broker's quotes.

If there are no such quotes on MetaQuotes server , the terminal will display an error message in the journal.

This is how the terminal works as I understand it. And where did I make a mistake?

Mihail Matkovskij #:

The question is quite clear. To answer my own question.

1. If the required quotes exist on the server, the terminal will load them without any problems.

You can forcibly download the quotes by turning the chart. I am not sure that it can be called "uploading them without any problems". There are even special scripts for this purpose.

2. If there are no quotes in the history(the server does not store the old quotes), the terminal will offer to download the missing quotes from MetaQuotes Server, warning you that quotes might not coincide with quotes of the broker.

The terminal will not "offer" but you should enter the Quote Archive (F2) and download them manually.

3. If the MetaQuotes server does not have these quotes either , the terminal will log an error message.

This is how the terminal works as I understand it. You have to enter the terminal by hand.

I don't remember seeing an error message in the Quote Archive, but the message "No new data for the symbol..." is present.

Nauris Zukas #:

By flipping the chart, it is possible to force the quotes to be loaded. I'm not sure you can call it "loading them without any problems". There are even special scripts for this.

Not "the terminal will offer" but you should enter the Quote Archive (F2) and download them manually.

I don't remember seeing an error message in the quotes archive, but the "No new data for symbol..." message does exist.

There is such a thing.

Volodymyr Zubov #:

There is such a thing.

There's what? Is it "No new data for symbol ..." in English or is there something else you want to show me?

Nauris Zukas #:

What is it? Is it "No new data for symbol ..." in English or is there something else you want to show me?

Sometimes there is no history for new trading symbols.

Volodymyr Zubov #:

Sometimes there is no history for new trading symbols.

If you change the language of the terminal to Russian View->Languages->Russian, you will see how this inscription "There are no new data for a symbol ..." will be in Russian "No new data for a symbol ..." There is no error! :)))

Nauris Zukas #:

By flipping the chart, it is possible to force the quotes to be loaded. I'm not sure you can call it "loading them without any problems". There are even special scripts for this.

I don't remember exactly. But it seems that I uploaded via dialogue, by pressing F2. I tried to create scripts for uploading, but I don't understand why they are needed. The script didn't work, but the quotes were loaded through the dialogue. But it was in Terminal 4. Nothing like that ever occurred to me in 5.

Nauris Zukas #:

not "the terminal will offer" but you should enter the Quote Archive (F2) and load them manually.

But here it was the same for me with 4 terminal. But instead of broker's quotes the terminal offered to load quotes from MetaQuotes server.
Nauris Zukas #:

I don't remember to see an error message in the quotes archive, but the "No new data for the symbol ..." message is present.

When testing Expert Advisors an error message is written to the tester log and the Expert Advisor does not start.

But I agree, I messed up a bit. It was late already. I was about to go to bed.

Reason: